Daily picks.

Wasn't going to mention that till a later date stew as obviously that horse is ridiculously well handicapped winning by 6ls and miles beyond its mark.Looks like another to follow all depending what mark its given beating 77 horse by 6ls.Would be impossible to back against in same conditions.;)

Exactly why i didn't want to say anything at the time stew,took 7/2 last night but i wouldn't have put it up as a bet as ground wasn't guaranteed,but it looked on the slow side from yesterday.Times are working out well making ahern the ahern form even more reliable!!

I've already taken 7/2 gottcher been cut to 3/1 with 365 only one book up,i may back something else in the race if it gets hammered.

1pt trade gottcher 3/1 365

Gottcher starts off the season on virtually the same mark as last seasons when winning off 68 last april 2011,winning over the 5fs at wolves hacking up by 4 1/2ls in 1m1.39 this is probably one of the fastest times over the 5fs run there by a 3yr old certainly not many have run quicker when the goings been standard.On the same card fair passion won a decent handicap off 68 winning in 1m1.44 just edging out 80 rated triple dream,the run of gottchers would put it around the 80 mark on those two races at the weights.He looked one to follow but on the turf wasn't good enough to win off more than 7.The form of that run has really worked out well in recent times as well lady mango 4 1/2ls behind and recieving 5 pound has since won and got herself an aw rating of 63.The third ginzan again recieving 5 pound and over 5ls behind recently won off 62,the 4th speightstown kid is now off 74,the 5th is off 67 and the 6th clourbearer off 62 and gorgeous goblin back in 7th now off 77.He's an 80 horse running off a mark off 66 whether he wil run well tomorrow could not be over confident but i will be following on the aw for the foreseeable future as he's proved himself on the clock,from only one run.

There are two others in the race that also stand out pick a little now off 65,the last time he ran over 5fs he won off 77 at bath so is also interesting and the other is choice words running off67.His debut run over 6fs at kempton stands out as being extremely well handicapped carrying 9-12 only beaten 2 1/4ls by the now rated 75 yeeoow conceding 13 pounds and the second willies wonder now off 79.Yeeow has since been touched off by es que olve and willies wonder ran well in a hot handicap on saturday.I will wait to see what happens with gottcher as i may back these two as well or some combination fcasts.

Remember Gotcher from that race at Wolver last year but thought was dissapointing after York(ran well), just managed to win a little race but form fell right away afterwards. Wouldn't be in a rush to back at 7/2 after a long break, but as you say would have a great chance on that aw run! Good luck.

Gottcher starts off the season on virtually the same mark as last seasons when winning off 68 last april 2011,winning over the 5fs at wolves hacking up by 4 1/2ls in 1m1.39 this is probably one of the fastest times over the 5fs run there by a 3yr old certainly not many have run quicker when the goings been standard.On the same card fair passion won a decent handicap off 68 winning in 1m1.44 just edging out 80 rated triple dream,the run of gottchers would put it around the 80 mark on those two races at the weights.He looked one to follow but on the turf wasn't good enough to win off more than 7.The form of that run has really worked out well in recent times as well lady mango 4 1/2ls behind and recieving 5 pound has since won and got herself an aw rating of 63.The third ginzan again recieving 5 pound and over 5ls behind recently won off 62,the 4th speightstown kid is now off 74,the 5th is off 67 and the 6th clourbearer off 62 and gorgeous goblin back in 7th now off 77.He's an 80 horse running off a mark off 66 whether he wil run well tomorrow could not be over confident but i will be following on the aw for the foreseeable future as he's proved himself on the clock,from only one run.

There are two others in the race that also stand out pick a little now off 65,the last time he ran over 5fs he won off 77 at bath so is also interesting and the other is choice words running off67.His debut run over 6fs at kempton stands out as being extremely well handicapped carrying 9-12 only beaten 2 1/4ls by the now rated 75 yeeoow conceding 13 pounds and the second willies wonder now off 79.Yeeow has since been touched off by es que olve and willies wonder ran well in a hot handicap on saturday.I will wait to see what happens with gottcher as i may back these two as well or some combination fcasts.

Got a free bet out of the fav and backed the other two just missing out on fcasts the fcasts stew,couldn't see anything else in the race.

Applaudere looks overpriced in this race although i wouldn't be betting it ew but i can't see it going off 25/1,finished behind dear ben last time out 7/2 tomorrow.She got left 6/7 lengths out of the stalls not to much urgency to get her in the race till running on to be nearest finish, finishing just behind recent winner maria montez beaten 3 1/2ls i can see her going off half these odds in this very poor race!!

Macdillion loves sandown 2/5 over c/d and 4/6/4 on other runs if it wasn't for the draw tomorrow in (13) i would make this just around the 8/1 mark as only two previous wins here over the c/d early in june and loves soft ground.Has dropped to last winning mark of 74 when beating recent winner and improver taurus twins now rated 82.I can still see a big gamble on this with kirby aboard and that course record and wouldn't be surprised to see it go off around half the current odds of 20/1.The prices are out as its infact the biggest price its ever been,the draw is the main reason for not having an ew bet looks a cracking trade.

Spruso is trading at 29.0 in the 9.10..surely will come in..has good placed form on slow ground and this is a poor race

ground getting near soft at Ripon

Sohcatoa should nearly be fav [6.6 at the mo] in the same race...think the race is between these two

Last edited:
Just turned it on to watch the sprint has it been raining there in between races,if not the 2yr old race was top class!!Time virtually the same as pearl ice!!

started raining pretty heavily about 1/2 hour before the first and continued for another 40 minutes or so after. Ground was most likely compromised.

Last edited:
Not to bad ec!!;)Macdillons into 12s maybe not much more in that trade and applaudere still 25/1 this will be gone by morning,i'm expecting it to go off 14s biggest.I might also do a yankee tomorrow on some short priced ones maybe a single if i can get some decent prices!:whistle:

1pt trade amno dancer 9/1 365

Will give this 21 horse maiden a chance as watching the replay at mussselburugh he shouldv'e hacked up against tomorrows favourite and second favourite.Was hacking along in behind from 3fs out could not get a clear run almost as though not going fast enough,then hampered maybe 4/5 times and still motoring coming to the line before being virtually pulled up.
The one positive that he may be able to reproduce that run,is the fact that was only his second run over 5fs and maybe this is his ideal trip,if he repeats that run he's 3/1 shot.I think once replays have been watched of this race he will be heavily backed.

Out at 8.6

Last edited:
6xew doubles ew trebles 4ew yankees

art form 2/1
iffraam 5/2

admiralty 11/8 had a single .20pt win

nabucco 4/1

plus

eluding 15/8
popular 10/30 four ew yankees

Last edited:
Fair passion is a big price in a race where a few are higher rated but yet to show anything on the aw and other runners like crimea,matsunosoke and love delta whether they still retain ability,looks more like a 5/1 shot to me and a recent second to arctic feeling in a decent time makes her a decent trade at 8/1.No chance of her going off this price.:D

Out at 7.2.

Last edited:
Tough look with Admiralty Gigilo.

The price of the winner on betfair of 260 was a bit of a sickener, even with Ann Stokel on board.

Even though only rated 50, her last run at the track behind Sholaan, must have given her a chance of placing at least.

No after timing as I didn't have a bean on it, as I never realised what price it was.

Back