5 5 3¼ Frangarry (IRE) 20/1 3 9-2 Alan Bailey — * *
Joe Fanning

6 4 2½ The Tin Man 8/1 3 9-2 James Fanshawe — * *
Jim Crowley

« 7 7 7 Valentine Belle 100/1 3 8-11 Paul Midgley — * *
Graham Lee

7 ran TIME 1m 11.48s (slow by 0.98s)

Scalzo

Only second ever run by scalzo and seasonal appearance for martyn meade himself turing into decent trainer of sprinters for small stable,tonight hacking up by 4 1/2ls drawn on stanside and probably travelling anothyerr couple of lengths further by wandering over to farside.The time seemed decent as well only .48 slower than the class 3 older handicap won by meshardal(78) but carrying 7 pound more will probably be given a mark of 80 after this easy win which with lots of 3yr old handicaps around will be hard to spot as value with so many new horses but he could be value under this trainer.Anything below 80 he would look nicely handicapped,the second of bowrings foolaad might also be worth watching out for and eventually get a nice low mark,first run as 4yr old was given an easy time in behind,might be another couple of runs down the field and worth noting..

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
He's good idn't he only won half the track,who's handuicapping these horses!1:lol::lol:Chucked in on at 6/1!!!could be a 90+

racing history+erik the red might get underestimated when they get a mark alloted do you think G?

In most cases the handicapper doesn't let these winners in off decent marks if they have a marker,i would imagine will give the winner a mark of around 87 so that always pushes them into the very competitive races would imagine second might get left alone rpr 75.I try and play a lot of the ones I put on here down a bit,like scalzo today I gave it away abit as if that run at Donny was taken at face value especially when you see meshardal winning again you would have a far higher mark than I mentioned think its best not to give too much away if mentioning ratings for horses to be handicapped,Think 85 would be a decent mark for racing history can't see how it will be any lower,a bit like the last winner at ponte my call beat 75 rated horse by 7ls although don't think marasims anygood similarly an opening mark of 85 for ease of win would seem ok looking at the time for a debut run.Think I will note them but not put them on here till I've seen their marks because they look automatic 85 horses just a matter of whether handicapper is going to go higher..

In most cases the handicapper doesn't let these winners in off decent marks if they have a marker,i would imagine will give the winner a mark of around 87 so that always pushes them into the very competitive races would imagine second might get left alone rpr 75.I try and play a lot of the ones I put on here down a bit,like scalzo today I gave it away abit as if that run at Donny was taken at face value especially when you see meshardal winning again you would have a far higher mark than I mentioned think its best not to give too much away if mentioning ratings for horses to be handicapped,Think 85 would be a decent mark for racing history can't see how it will be any lower,a bit like the last winner at ponte my call beat 75 rated horse by 7ls although don't think marasims anygood similarly an opening mark of 85 for ease of win would seem ok looking at the time for a debut run.Think I will note them but not put them on here till I've seen their marks because they look automatic 85 horses just a matter of whether handicapper is going to go higher..

if it was any other course i'd be confident of putting a reasonably accurate mark on Racing History..but trying to get decent speed figures out of Haydock is quite a task,,using one set of standards gives RH a figure in early 90;s..other early 80's..and its going t get a mid 80's+ rating like you say...its just a shame its that course

Resonate speed figure at Newmarket was just over a 100..monster figure,,,and looks genuine..not seen a horse win so easily there and not have another race time pull the time down. Its the sort of horse he could put away..then bring back for the cambridgeshire i reckon

Looks nice improver flight risk,fastest ground ever encountered in grp 2 might not reach peak till next season yet be even better on softer ground..

Beverley Result
23 May 2015
« 3:15 » HILARY NEEDLER TROPHY FILLIES' CONDITIONS STAKES (PLUS 10 RACE)
(Class 2) (2yo) 5f Good To Firm
£15,562.50, £4,660.00, £2,330.00, £1,165.00, £582.50, £292.50

WATCH RACE - 25p
RESULTRATE RACE
Show all comments in runningShow all pedigrees
HORSE/SP AGE WGT TRAINER/JOCKEY OR TS RPR

« 1 1 Easton Angel (IRE) 9/4F 2 8-12 Michael Dods — * *
Paul Mulrennan

« 2 7 1 Opal Tiara (IRE) 11/2 2 8-12 Mick Channon — * *
Charles Bishop

« 3 2 4 Socialites Red 40/1 2 8-12 Scott Dixon — * *
David Allan

« 4 5 1¼ Holy Grail (IRE) 6/1 2 8-12 Richard Fahey — * *
P J McDonald

« 5 8 hd New Road Side 8/1 2 8-12 Tony Coyle — * *
Barry McHugh

« 6 10 1¼ Company Asset (IRE) 9/1 2 8-12 Kevin Ryan — * *
Robert Havlin

« 7 6 ½ Arranmore Girl (IRE) 20/1 2 8-12 Nigel Tinkler — * *
Tom Eaves

« 8 3 ½ Majestic Bond 25/1 2 8-12 Geoffrey Oldroyd — * *
Chris Catlin

« 9 4 2½ Kept Under Wraps (IRE) 3/1 2 8-12 Richard Fahey — * *
Tony Hamilton

10 9 31 Vocalise 100/1 2 8-9 Charles Smith — * *
R P Walsh

Easton angel
10 ran TIME 1m 1.52s (slow by 0.52s)

A seemingly very fast time only .52 above standard the winner Easton angel cantering through out winning under hand's n' heels whether the ground was quicker than stated still looks decent run being .69 than the colts in previous race,the problem with these winners the automatically go into group races and there are usually a [plethora of similar types.
So far the 2yr olds at this stage of a normal season have been abysmal,veryu few speedfigures and the ones that have Harvard man have run poorly on next run although different ground others such as silver wings and then draem dreamer this week running twice and running ragged stables fault through pure greed but als0 shows that these 2yr olds aren't taking their racing well.There are quite a few nice looking handicappers on the clock but usually aren't worth writing up as there's usually dozens at the moment these types look like the'rre going to be contending the listed and group races unless the next 10 days throw up some much needed speed figures,i can't remember such a poor bunch at this stage of the season.Don't know what will happen with Easton angel either from the diods stable as not sure he sends them to ascot but at this point she maybe worth an entry she's built like a colt and she goes on any type of ground,she probably isn't top class but at this moment on limited sample she could be a lively outsider in group races.
Todays form was sort of franked in the race by new side road,beaten 3ls in the listed race at York was beaten double that distance today,the second looks like picking up another race as well opal tiaras only win a maidem on the aw and today not sure she liked the gd/fm ground.

Last edited:
Beverley Result
23 May 2015

WATCH RACE - 25p
RESULTRATE RACE

Paul Mulrennan

Charles Bishop

David Allan

P J McDonald

Barry McHugh

Robert Havlin

Tom Eaves

Chris Catlin

Tony Hamilton

R P Walsh

Easton angel

A seemingly very fast time only .52 above standard the winner Easton angel cantering through out winning under hand's n' heels whether the ground was quicker than stated still looks decent run being .69 than the colts in previous race,the problem with these winners the automatically go into group races and there are usually a [plethora of similar types.
So far the 2yr olds at this stage of a normal season have been abysmal,veryu few speedfigures and the ones that have Harvard man have run poorly on next run although different ground others such as silver wings and then draem dreamer this week running twice and running ragged stables fault through pure greed but als0 shows that these 2yr olds aren't taking their racing well.There are quite a few nice looking handicappers on the clock but usually aren't worth writing up as there's usually dozens at the moment these types look like the'rre going to be contending the listed and group races unless the next 10 days throw up some much needed speed figures,i can't remember such a poor bunch at this stage of the season.Don't know what will happen with Easton angel either from the diods stable as not sure he sends them to ascot but at this point she maybe worth an entry she's built like a colt and she goes on any type of ground,she probably isn't top class but at this moment on limited sample she could be a lively outsider in group races.
Todays form was sort of franked in the race by new side road,beaten 3ls in the listed race at York was beaten double that distance today,the second looks like picking up another race as well opal tiaras only win a maidem on the aw and today not sure she liked the gd/fm ground.

Entered in weatherby supersprint so no ascot entry.

Better for them to get beat at stupid prices when unbackable these are the types I'm praying to lose at least then you may get some value..

fair point - tbh I backed Penny Dreadful just on the basis of price but connections obviously thought they had found an easier task than yesterdays race and to that extent it could be considered a disappointing run.

When penny dreadful ran at Donny she was allowed to drop out tamely,she looked off ok mark for handicaps as the maiden was as quick as the two handicaps on the same day
not only has she proved that she was reasonably well in she's run quicker than 72 rated monarch maid in the last race for older horses on this form at catterick,she was rated 64 but only 3yr old so will be interesting to see her new mark she could win again.All depends whether they take neutron bombs rating at face value,neutrons bombs rating was achieved on gd/sft ground at liecester the complete opposite of catterick and on fast ground,i will be interested to see penny dreadfuls new rating especially if she were to go back to catterick..

Curragh (IRE) Result
24 May 2015
1:40 » BIG BAD BOB EUROPEAN BREEDERS FUND (COLTS & GELDINGS) MAIDEN (PLUS 10 RACE)
(2yo) 6f Good To Yielding
£9,627.91, £2,232.56, £976.74, £558.14

WATCH RACE - 25p
RESULTRATE RACE

1 11 Air Force Blue (USA) 4/1 2 9-5 A P O'Brien — * *
Ryan Moore

2 3 nk Rockaway Valley (IRE) 25/1 2 9-5 Mrs John Harrington — * *
Shane Foley

3 5 2 Tonkinese 16/1 2 9-5 M Halford — * *
James Doyle

4 8 3½ Independence Day (IRE) 16/1 2 9-5 David Wachman — * *
Billy Lee

5 10 hd Munshid (IRE) 9/2 2 9-5 Kevin Prendergast — * *
Chris Hayes

« 6 4 ½ Fisherman's Blues (IRE) 8/1 2 9-5 G M Lyons — * *
Colin Keane

« 7 12 3¾ Tribal Beat (IRE) 5/4F 2 9-5 t J S Bolger — * *
Kevin Manning

8 2 8 Painted Cliffs (IRE) 12/1 2 9-5 A P O'Brien — * *
Joseph O'Brien

9 9 nk Gossip Central (IRE) 100/1 2 9-0 A L T Moore — * *
Sean Corby5

10 6 2 Trenchtown Rock (IRE) 66/1 2 9-5 Charles O'Brien — * *
F M Berry

« 11 7 1¾ Collision Course (IRE) 40/1 2 9-5 A Oliver — * *
Gary Carroll

11 ran TIME 1m 12.97s (slow by 1.97s)

Air force blue
Rockaway valley

Just when the 2yr olds have been showing nothing on the clock a decent race comes up,this 6f maiden only .72 slower than the older handicappers rated up to 105,this is the best marker set so far at least on decent ground and the winner and runner up look automatic 100 horses which has been hard top say about any maidens with confidence so far.The O'Brien horse had the draw and was with the pace throughout so might be better than winning margin suggests,although the second was drawn wide and dropped in and nothing really came off the pace so the second has done well and there should be some nice value floating around for runner up.I presume they will both entered up in group races and might be worth taking some prices for although I do remember anthem alexander ran the decent time at Tipperary around june so there's just 2 weeks left for newcomers to show their hands...

Last edited:
Curragh (IRE) Result
24 May 2015
1:40 » BIG BAD BOB EUROPEAN BREEDERS FUND (COLTS & GELDINGS) MAIDEN (PLUS 10 RACE)
(2yo) 6f Good To Yielding
£9,627.91, £2,232.56, £976.74, £558.14

WATCH RACE - 25p
RESULTRATE RACE

1 11 Air Force Blue (USA) 4/1 2 9-5 A P O'Brien — * *
Ryan Moore

2 3 nk Rockaway Valley (IRE) 25/1 2 9-5 Mrs John Harrington — * *
Shane Foley

3 5 2 Tonkinese 16/1 2 9-5 M Halford — * *
James Doyle

4 8 3½ Independence Day (IRE) 16/1 2 9-5 David Wachman — * *
Billy Lee

5 10 hd Munshid (IRE) 9/2 2 9-5 Kevin Prendergast — * *
Chris Hayes

« 6 4 ½ Fisherman's Blues (IRE) 8/1 2 9-5 G M Lyons — * *
Colin Keane

« 7 12 3¾ Tribal Beat (IRE) 5/4F 2 9-5 t J S Bolger — * *
Kevin Manning

8 2 8 Painted Cliffs (IRE) 12/1 2 9-5 A P O'Brien — * *
Joseph O'Brien

9 9 nk Gossip Central (IRE) 100/1 2 9-0 A L T Moore — * *
Sean Corby5

10 6 2 Trenchtown Rock (IRE) 66/1 2 9-5 Charles O'Brien — * *
F M Berry

« 11 7 1¾ Collision Course (IRE) 40/1 2 9-5 A Oliver — * *
Gary Carroll

11 ran TIME 1m 12.97s (slow by 1.97s)

Air force blue
Rockaway valley

Just when the 2yr olds have been showing nothing on the clock a decent race comes up,this 6f maiden only .72 slower than the older handicappers rated up to 105,this is the best marker set so far at least on decent ground and the winner and runner up look automatic 100 horses which has been hard top say about any maidens with confidence so far.The O'Brien horse had the draw and was with the pace throughout so might be better than winning margin suggests,although the second was drawn wide and dropped in and nothing really came off the pace so the second has done well and there should be some nice value floating around for runner up.I presume they will both entered up in group races and might be worth taking some prices for although I do remember anthem alexander ran the decent time at Tipperary around june so there's just 2 weeks left for newcomers to show their hands...

Round Two ran a 110 yesterday G...Log Out Island has also posted a fast time when it won at Ascot...loads have posted decent sectional mark ups as well to be fair. those two will be Royal Ascot bound for sure would think

Last edited:
I never added them on as they've gone in everyones notebooks and log out island has just the 5f run so far,think round two's 3/1 in the Coventry already just going to be no value and I couldn't back that at that price as still would surprise me if there's not at least a few more to come.The Coventry looks a terribly weak race so I'm presuming there's some more to show themselves yet..

Air force one is 16/1 for Coventry if that's not a mistake although they have no form putting the price up on oddschecker,that's by far the best value in the race if it's running..

Beverley Result
23 May 2015

WATCH RACE - 25p
RESULTRATE RACE

Paul Mulrennan

Charles Bishop

David Allan

P J McDonald

Barry McHugh

Robert Havlin

Tom Eaves

Chris Catlin

Tony Hamilton

R P Walsh

Easton angel

Have been looking at some past previous Beverley meetings with similar going fcasts on day and found an older handicap won by bondesire over the same c/d time was .33 slower than Easton angel and bondesire carried 3 pound less bondesire rated 86 remembering she won in a canter as well.If those goings are accurate from same day then she does look a little bit special and would be an automatic bet wherever she runs,only thing that looks slightly suspect is the scott Dixon horse only 5ls behind but the second opal tiara had beaten that on debut as well.

Back