Daily picks.

Kempton 5.45

Quick breath 12/1 hills/victor 11/1 skybet/totesport/betfred 10/1 corals/lads/ppower/boyles.

Quick breath is a regular in these grade races or higher,sometimes get the impression horse doesn't put it all in as some of its form looks better in better grade races then drops in class and can't win when given easier opportunities...Still just the seven lifetime runs on the aw won off 76 july 2018 at chelmsford,runs mostly there a couple of places already this season and ran ok last time out when sixth of fourteen drawn very wide in 12 beaten 4ls staying on.Has run once at kempton ran well was only eighth of fourteen but only beaten 1 3/4ls off 77 not getting a clear run,in recent times has kept going off short prices this season 5/4 and 5/2 in two class 4s when placed,although dropped into this class last time out went off 8/1 probably because of the draw..This seasons runs have got it down to a mark of 74,but claimer takes off 7 tomorrow so off just 67 although not keen on the jockey he has rode winners..At worst could be a respectable trade,be surprised if it went off bigger than 7/1 even though there are a couple of unexposed ones in the race and has a bit to prove compared to some of last seasons form is in the right grade..

Desert wind 11/2 365/ppower

Decent race for horses rated upto 95,Big kitten the lightly raced one open to loads of improvement and maybe the one to beat keeps stepping up in grade and distace and getting better, one that might give it a race is Desert wind still only ten runs itself six runs on the aw and already three wins and three places..Desert wind finished last seasons turf season with a third to communique in a 0-105 for 3yr olds, that was way back in july,came back in march to finish third in the roseberry handicap here off 93 behind forbidden planet gave it 6 pounds beaten 3ls,that got just touched off next time out at newcsstke off 93..The second pipes of peace ran well enough next time out in the heritage handicap at musselburugh behind austriann and had horses like lucky deal and making miracles behind, also from the roseberry in fifth was soto sizzler that ones just won back to back races and now rated 92 finished 2ls behind desert wnd and got eight pound.The roseberry is solid decent handicap form and desert wind runs off same mark,also time looked pretty quick 2m15.65 just above standard,he ran poorly next time out so have to forgive that run but maybe epsom didn't suit,tomorrow drops in grade but drawn wide and still has to prove stays this extra furlong looked like he should..If that run was just a blip then could well go off nearer to 7/2 in this race maybe even shorter hard to predict as a couple that are lightly raced,so may well turn out a decent trade if nothing else.

Last edited:
Kempton 5.45

Quick breath 12/1 hills/victor 11/1 skybet/totesport/betfred 10/1 corals/lads/ppower/boyles.

Quick breath is a regular in these grade races or higher,sometimes get the impression horse doesn't put it all in as some of its form looks better in better grade races then drops in class and can't win when given easier opportunities...Still just the seven lifetime runs on the aw won off 76 july 2018 at chelmsford,runs mostly there a couple of places already this season and ran ok last time out when sixth of fourteen drawn very wide in 12 beaten 4ls staying on.Has run once at kempton ran well was only eighth of fourteen but only beaten 1 3/4ls off 77 not getting a clear run,in recent times has kept going off short prices this season 5/4 and 5/2 in two class 4s when placed,although dropped into this class last time out went off 8/1 probably because of the draw..This seasons runs have got it down to a mark of 74,but claimer takes off 7 tomorrow so off just 67 although not keen on the jockey he has rode winners..At worst could be a respectable trade,be surprised if it went off bigger than 7/1 even though there are a couple of unexposed ones in the race and has a bit to prove compared to some of last seasons form is in the right grade..

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!Was chucked in 4/1 sp :lol::lol::lol: i actually thoight it could go off favourite based on its last runs as i said po0r draw last time out why it was 8/1,was fantastic prices anything around 6-7/1 looked a bet especially ew good to see one of the better bets going in,the aw is really different class the turfs just a complete guessing game i havn't got a clue what i'm betting on so avoiding it unless i'm sure of going!!:rolleyes::thumbsup:

Decent race for horses rated upto 95,Big kitten the lightly raced one open to loads of improvement and maybe the one to beat keeps stepping up in grade and distace and getting better, one that might give it a race is Desert wind still only ten runs itself six runs on the aw and already three wins and three places..Desert wind finished last seasons turf season with a third to communique in a 0-105 for 3yr olds, that was way back in july,came back in march to finish third in the roseberry handicap here off 93 behind forbidden planet gave it 6 pounds beaten 3ls,that got just touched off next time out at newcsstke off 93..The second pipes of peace ran well enough next time out in the heritage handicap at musselburugh behind austriann and had horses like lucky deal and making miracles behind, also from the roseberry in fifth was soto sizzler that ones just won back to back races and now rated 92 finished 2ls behind desert wnd and got eight pound.The roseberry is solid decent handicap form and desert wind runs off same mark,also time looked pretty quick 2m15.65 just above standard,he ran poorly next time out so have to forgive that run but maybe epsom didn't suit,tomorrow drops in grade but drawn wide and still has to prove stays this extra furlong looked like he should..If that run was just a blip then could well go off nearer to 7/2 in this race maybe even shorter hard to predict as a couple that are lightly raced,so may well turn out a decent trade if nothing else.

Kempton 5.45

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!The roseberry race was one of the fastest ever run there that i can remember when third the form as i pointed out above looked brilliant,looked different gravy and the forecast as well and prices were there right till the off think the draw put a lot off went a lovely pace though,its wheelbarrow time again hope you did the ew double had a massive touch today,also got a multiple with 3 winners running on another as well!!!:rolleyes::ninja:

Last edited:
Won 5 figures today did a multiple 4 horses and the last one got beat by angel gabrial hadn't won for 5 years cost me another 9 grand plus bonus on 4 winners although i laid it to win 1500,anyone who is betting at ripon tomorrow ignore the gd/sft on the straight track thats good ground two of the sprints not far off standard will be near enough gd/fm tomorrow a nice angle there as the sprints might be priced up on gd/sft ground..Soft ground horses won't be winning on the straight tomorrow,had already done the form on gd./sft so i will have to redo it now right farce,they had over 20mm of rain so don;'t understand why the straight tracks so quick,very strange..

Ascot The coventry

Visnari 16/1 365 20/1 hills..

Visnari made debut today i would think it's unlikely it will run in the coventry being only 11 days time,but johnson must be very tempted today winning on debut and winning by over 3ls with 10ls back to the third,am not sure i have ever seen this before but the winning time was quicker than the class 2 handicap on the card won by 95 ratd falavius titus..winning older handicap by a 2yr old making debut..
Taken that at face value thats very special for a deut run,especially in a season where the 2yr olds have looked poor at least on the clock i have another couple marked off in the race and i havn't really looked at the race closely,but if this does run will surely be favourite and wuld be a massive gamble..As i said will johnson risk running it so quickly,seems unlikely but from what i've seen of his runners so far this season,nothing has stood out the ground will likely be perfect and out of dark angel he must be tempted..You could leave till later in the day and see if he's made any comment on it running in it,if he is then these prices will collapse..

Charlie johnson says coming back in july,so maybe hold on for a day or two to conform it..

Last edited:
Haydock 7.30

Gulf of poets 8/1 365 7/1 lads/corals

Gulf of poets was running better than ever last season,won second race back last season off 91 over tomorrows c/d beat fire brigade 3 1/2ls had Masham star 7 1/2ls behind in that race and is 10 pound better off with it tomorrow has won second race back the last two seasons and ran well on this seasons debut..running on fifth in the spring mile off 92 on ground faster than wouldv'e suited..There is a slight ? now as second run bombed out in the springmile at newbury although did race stands side probably not place to be,gets to run off just 89 tomorrow claimer takes off seven as well so lowest mark since july 2017...Find it a bit off putting josh quinn rides never rode it before and is on long losing run of 96 rdes so looks a strange booking,nathan evans has rode it for last six wins so this could be a run down the field looking at something bigger...But off this mark and c/d that suits then will have a small bet,hopefully trying if it is it wouldn't surprise me of it went off fav on this mark dropped in class after winning that 0-105 last season into a 0-95 tomorrow.

Last edited:
Ascot The coventry

Visnari 16/1 365 20/1 hills..

Visnari made debut today i would think it's unlikely it will run in the coventry being only 11 days time,but johnson must be very tempted today winning on debut and winning by over 3ls with 10ls back to the third,am not sure i have ever seen this before but the winning time was quicker than the class 2 handicap on the card won by 95 ratd falavius titus..winning older handicap by a 2yr old making debut..
Taken that at face value thats very special for a deut run,especially in a season where the 2yr olds have looked poor at least on the clock i have another couple marked off in the race and i havn't really looked at the race closely,but if this does run will surely be favourite and wuld be a massive gamble..As i said will johnson risk running it so quickly,seems unlikely but from what i've seen of his runners so far this season,nothing has stood out the ground will likely be perfect and out of dark angel he must be tempted..You could leave till later in the day and see if he's made any comment on it running in it,if he is then these prices will collapse..

Charlie johnson says coming back in july,so maybe hold on for a day or two to conform it..

Looks a good bet now Giggsy. 16s into 5s

Highly unlikely runner not even in list of of horses that johnston sending to ascot,i didn't think it would run with such a small gap between runs especially as could be something special,50/1 365 for 2,000 guineas must be worth a bet..

Doncaster 5.0

Ginger Fox 7/1 Ppower13/2 Boyles/Hills

Will have a token bet on ginger fox,a race full of horses open to improvment on ground that will be soft so lots of guessing involved the two obvious ones just on the ground are barasti dancer and lightening attack both ran against each other at carlisle last time out,barasti dancer got no run ground was very soft similar to tomorrows..Ginger fox last two runs hae come in 0-85s the run at newmarket behind migration looked solid form with that winner having previousl being runner upto masaru in esher cup although balladeer the third has let the form down but the fourth smile a down has won one of these since.Ginger fox ran over this c/d last time out in another 0-85 they didn't go very quick finished fourth of the five although not beaten far
he might be worth a small bet on the newmarket run,there looks like a ? on his form on the ground but the ground at newmarket wasn't gd/fm as i results had been heavily overwatered looked more like gd/sft and sire iffraaj so softer ground could suit,pieces on forst time..Would only be a very small interest maybe some forecasts with other two..

Decent place but typically miles clear of field and runs into one...

Last edited:
Highly unlikely runner not even in list of of horses that johnston sending to ascot,i didn't think it would run with such a small gap between runs especially as could be something special,50/1 365 for 2,000 guineas must be worth a bet..

Good call, not declared

Carlisle 3.0

Somewhere secret 14/1 hills 10/1 365/skybet/victor/betway generally

Doesn't win to often somewhere secret 2/26 and one of those wins was this season at haydock not a horse i would usually back but runs quite consistently around the frame on softer ground and that race at haydock was a 0-75 slightly better than tomorrows race a 0-65.Won that race of 57 and now off 61 that's still not a bad mark on most of its form last season,last time out was ninth of fifteen but got stopped in run so ran ok to be only beaten 2 3/4ls..Plenty of pace in the race loads of front runners and somwewhere secret is one that usually races handy,but probably stays a little further than 6fs so might get away with it even though has poor draw in 11, unless they come stands side then that could be a posituve,won't really know till after a few races and unsure of how soft the ground will be so just a small bet..Tick the boxes is flying and is the obvious one coming back to some old form,along with dream house and dahik hopefully high draws won't be a disadvantage...

Last edited:
Morning Andy, i put this horse on betfair forum when it won at Haydock and thought had a good chance of following up at Thirsk but was slow away and as you say got no run at all, but when eventually got a gap finished strongly. Looks to have a very good chance again today but as you say not sure off the draw and the stiff finish but shouldn't be far away, i've backed EW at 10/1 this am. What i was wondering is if you've looked at the stable companion Red Allure, i put this up lto on betfair as well but unseated rider after about 1/2f. This was following what i thought was a very good 1st run of the season at Doncaster fin 9/11 but runs very much like SS and was leading till about 1 1/2fs out when got broadsided by horse on its left and knocked sideways, think would have finished 4th or 5th probably. This followed on from its run at Redcar last season when btn just 1/2 length by Bielsa, the form of that race is all over the place now ratings wise, Bielsa rated 87 now, Ginger Jam in 5th 2 lengths behind now 64, other placed horses dropped to 50ish and less. Wierd thing was Mick ran her in a listed race nto against horses rated over 100?:confused: He's put Eaves on this one who has a decent record for him and Mullen on SS who has had only one ride for him.
I think Red Allure is potentially well h'capped and you know what he's like for big priced winners, any thoughts mate.

Wouldn't out you off a 40/1 sht stew,that donny race has worked out ok as well 5 out of the first 7 have run well in better races and if you think red allure wouldv'e been near the first 4 or 5 then wouldv'e been alongside tundra which won next time out,see worse looking 40/1 shots..

Another nice place in the bag,could never see it out of the 5 in that race will settle for that,havn't seen the race stew just got in how did red allure run..

Thirsk 5.45

B Fifty Two 14/1 hills/victor

A very small interest as not betting at ascot till i know what the ground is,rain everywhere so complete guesswork B fifty two a veteran now and has only won one race since 2015 could call him a bit of a dodgepot now different headgears get mucked about with was rated in the 100s at one point now lowest ever mark of 60..Ran today at catterick in a 0-75 over 6fs,that really looks its trip but running over the 5fs tomorrow doesn't look the right race on this speedtrack over 5fs at thirsk but showed today was in respectable form finishing fourth after being well off the pace drifted like a barge as well was around 10s on betfair early in the day going off 24s a very strange late drift,tomorrow drops into a 0-65..If this had been 6fs it wouldv'e looked a massive price on yesterdays run especially as the horse has a good record making quick reappearences,won after a four day break last season off 69 at ponte,was also second after a two day break as well off 67 so worth just chucking some coppers at..
The three high draws look the obvious picks pearl noir ran terrible yesterday,drawn 16 of the 19 runners tomorrow against stands side rail ran well here in may same grade over c./d off same mark and the pace angle,with shepherd's purse in 15 and best recent form second in a 0-75 LTO and top weight debawtry in 19 if they run to there best recent form they could well dominate on stands side so maybe worth some coppers on forecasts...B fifty two is drawn in 1 so not only has to handle the 5fs but also drawn on the farside which could be huge disadvantage,seems unlikely but after todays run would be annoying if it did win after running so promisingly in a better race..todays run proved that in the right race should still be picking up a race of this class although probably needs an extra furlong..

Last edited:
Norfolk Thursday

Sunday sovereign 3/1 lads/victor/corals/marathonbet/betway..

Not exactly great value in a race full of unexposed runners but should be involved in the finish if it gets some cut,has already beaten arizona this season by 3ls although that was arizonas debut and was given an easy race,since then sunday prospect has won again and its best run at least on the clock..There was an older handicap on the card when winning by an easy 7ls at tipperary carrying 9-7,later on card dash d'or won off 71 carrying 8-4 clocking .45 slower than the 2yr old race..Strictly at those weights the 2yr old conceding 17 pound and giving it a 2l beating then you could be looking a a 110+ horse..that sets the standard so far and hopefully a little bit of cut,raining at the moment would like to see it rain through the day as ground was on fast side..Also like ventura secret won a fiur horse race at ascot,looked a little inconspicuous but winning time was virtually the same as burford brown running off 80 winning the older handicap on the card again another 100+ rating and A'ali 10/1 finishing runner up on debut at thirsk in a very quick time as well although would be a slight ? on soft ground..The other runners like lesley ward,obriens et could be anything but just whats seen so far sunday prospect with some cut looks the one to beat with ventura secret 10/1 also open to improvement..with A'ali if goig o ground maybe some savers/forecasts.

Last edited:
Ascot 5.0 Hunt cup

Mitchum swagger 40/1 sportsbook/ppower/unibet

Loads of rain at ascot looking like being gd/sft now really could do wiith a load more,mitchum swagger not exactly well handicapped on a mark of 107 and relatively lightly raced for a 7yr old, just 27 runs was with david lanagan now with ralph beckett..Since joining stable march 2018 been second to Adeyyebb off 105 in doncaster handicap april 2018,did run over tomorrows c/d last season on soft ground finishing 8th of 20 beaten 4 1/2ls,not far behind raising sands and kynren has a turnaround in weights with both from that race tomorrow...Strictly looking at last years race doesn't look like can turn form around although there was only a couple of lengths seperating them but is capable on this sort of ground, after that went on to beat muntadab by 5ls had robin of navan 5ls behind in same race and tomorrow robin of navan is only 12/1 his best form ties in with these three runners near front end of market..Hasn't shown much on recent runs,but last time out at haydock was staying on well behind safe voyage even though beaten 5ls was nearest finish over that 7fs, snazzy jazzy already has come out of that race and won and claimer takes off 5 tomorrow down to 102..A speculative bet but wouldn't be a total shock if hit the frame at a big price..
The two mentioned kynren and raising sands no reason why they shouldn't run well with that c/d form on softer ground and look decent alternatives kynren and raising sands little beween them on that form from last october and recent run over c/d..

Last edited:
Back