Danny Cook

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Danny Cook faces the prospect of a lengthy ban after the Cheltenham Festival-winning jockey confirmed on Thursday he had tested positive for cocaine.

Last edited:
He said sorry ffs...said it was an act of foolishness.

More like an act of "I'm the king of the castle":lol:

There's a huge difference between having traces of coke in your system and being on coke while riding.

Unless it is the latter which has about as much effect on your riding ability as an asprin what right have the BHA got to tell him what to do and what not to do in his private life?

What I would like to know is which was it? if it was only traces why on earth bring the game into disrepute when the guy has turned up in perfect condition to ride?

Agree or disagree that's the way I feel and I do not take coke.

He said sorry ffs...said it was an act of foolishness.

More like an act of "I'm the king of the castle":lol:

There's a huge difference between having traces of coke in your system and being on coke while riding.

Unless it is the latter which has about as much effect on your riding ability as an asprin what right have the BHA got to tell him what to do and what not to do in his private life?

What I would like to know is which was it? if it was only traces why on earth bring the game into disrepute when the guy has turned up in perfect condition to ride?

Agree or disagree that's the way I feel and I do not take coke.

It's not just about cocaine or other illegal drugs, jockeys get stood down too for having too much alcohol in their system

Last edited:
That is true, DO........but what do we do if the rules are arcane, and the punishment for transgression is both disproportionate and unfair?

What a really silly prat!
And what a time to do it. Rides had picked up after being off through injury and he was getting a fair few from Sue Smith. I have known Danny for a very long time since he turned up at a yard I was working at. He was incredibly naturally talented for someone who never rode a horse till he was 16 and I encouraged him to take out his licence via the amateur route of being able to ride on the flat and point to point to get plenty of experience. He was down in this neck of the woods for a bit while at Pipes but I have only had contact via Facebook recently and he seems to have completely deleted his account.

What a really silly prat!
And what a time to do it. Rides had picked up after being off through injury and he was getting a fair few from Sue Smith. I have known Danny for a very long time since he turned up at a yard I was working at. He was incredibly naturally talented for someone who never rode a horse till he was 16 and I encouraged him to take out his licence via the amateur route of being able to ride on the flat and point to point to get plenty of experience. He was down in this neck of the woods for a bit while at Pipes but I have only had contact via Facebook recently and he seems to have completely deleted his account.

That's what came to my mind too. After Mania's retirement he was starting to get some decent rides, along with Ellison etc. Barmy time to do such a thing, not that there is a good time.

That is true, DO........but what do we do if the rules are arcane, and the punishment for transgression is both disproportionate and unfair?

A discussion about the rules themselves can take place further down the line but his situation is as things stand.

What if a discussion further down the line suggests hanging is a more appropriate punishment?

Back