Dante meeting at York

Was looking at the other cards and note Stevie Don goes from riding repercussion in the first to ride two nags at Bath tonight that look to have little chance on paper. I'm going in again each way on Repercussion.

I am taking Tasleet in the Duke of York. I like the fact it is a seven furlong horse dropping to 6f with the ground softening, albeit don't think it will get any softer as looking at the weather here. Haggas' horses always have to be respected here which is why I am also backing Battered later on the card with Ryan Moore up.

Flying Pursuit along with George Bowen (not a great draw) in the 1455.

Chancery worth a token bet also.

Tasleet rescued me there, back in profit after facing a huge hole with repercussion running no race!

I am taking Tasleet in the Duke of York. I like the fact it is a seven furlong horse dropping to 6f with the ground softening, albeit don't think it will get any softer as looking at the weather here. Haggas' horses always have to be respected here which is why I am also backing Battered later on the card with Ryan Moore up.

Well done :)

The flat action gets more interesting at York this week.

One of the best bets at the likely odds on Wednesday is Tim Easterby's Golden Apollo in the 4:35.

This chap is nicely bred by Cheveley Park stud, and was never very far away at the finish as a two year old.

He was third in a red-hot maiden at Ayr, behind a very promising Andrew Balding horse called Naval Warfare, who looks sure to improve on its rating of 84 when we next see him out.

The first three from that Ayr race all came out and won, including Golden Apollo, who finished his two year old career nicely with a well-deserved success at Doncaster on just his second start in a handicap.

It's his first start as a three year old, but if you assume he's ready to roll, I reckon he's very well handicapped.

I'm looking forward to seeing what price they go on him.
Chessman withdrawn. Everything's up for grabs now. If he doesn't run a place, which I think he is more than capable of. No excuses.

Last edited:
I am sticking with him each way PTP. I think its a value price. From looking at statistics, Pivotals offspring improve for cut in the ground so Gd-St should be fine. Good luck to everyone having a flutter tomorrow.

Thanks Marble, had some 4's to place

Thanks. He ran well didn't he. Justice Good is the one in the first race tomorrow. This won three races as a young'un, then placed in a group 2 in 2014. He was rated 109 then..but didnt do much in 2015 & 2016. He's back in form now though. He's got the best draw in the house, stall 1, and is as good a bet as you'll find in a handicap at York off this rating of 100. I'll stop hitting the cross bar soon, (Lincoln and Golden Apollo both looked like potential winners today, a furlong out), and I reckon this horse is the one to whack those bookies with.

Last edited:
Thanks. He ran well didn't he. Justice Good is the one in the first race tomorrow. This won three races as a young'un, then placed in a group 2 in 2014. He was rated 109 then..but didnt do much in 2015 & 2016. He's back in form now though. He's got the best draw in the house, stall 1, and is as good a bet as you'll find in a handicap at York off this rating off 100. I'll stop hitting the cross bar soon, (Lincoln and Golden Apollo both looked like potential winners today, a furlong out), and I reckon this horse is the one to whack those bookies with.

I'm refraining from putting this on the will win thread. But this wins tomorrow.

Last edited:
Good luck with Justice Good, I will be following you with each way bets on Move in Time (similar profile) and line of reason.

Grumeti in the last looks a likely winner and will throw them in with multiples with Brian the Snail.

Can't have all the furore of Crystal ocean. Forest Ranger each way looks a decent bet.

With So Mi Dar out of the race I'm a bit surprised The Black Princess isn't favourite to beat Queens Trust. Have taken plenty of the 2/1.

Advantage of a recent run, in receipt of a penalty, last two wins on bad ground and had the Stoute horse behind in the Ribblesdale.

This is going to be a long way removed from the tight bends of Santa Anita on quick ground.

With So Mi Dar out of the race I'm a bit surprised The Black Princess isn't favourite to beat Queens Trust. Have taken plenty of the 2/1.

Advantage of a recent run, in receipt of a penalty, last two wins on bad ground and had the Stoute horse behind in the Ribblesdale.

This is going to be a long way removed from the tight bends of Santa Anita on quick ground.

That sums up my two days punting perfectly.

Fahey's horses seem to be struggling a bit. Johnson is a great trainer. Gutted I dismissed it so easily. Ended up on wolf country but threw my ticket away when I quickly realised it was the pace maker. Muppet.

Last edited:
Quality wise this is the worst Dante meeting I've ever seen.

The ground has been a major factor, imo. After weeks of consistent weather and fairly predictable ground, the formbook has been turned on its head by the past week's rain and the number of quality horses either withdrawn or running below expectations. More of the same threatens tomorrow.
Roll on aummer.

More rain overnight and it promises to be a bog come racetime. Intended to sit it out again today, but can't resist Endless Times in the Cup as - with fairly evenly matched market leaders - she's the only one absolutely proven on the ground.

3.30 - Marmelo. 1.5 pts win. Available at 17/2.
4.05 - Southdown Lad. 1.5 pts win. Available at 13/2.
5.05 - Savannah's Dream. 1.5 pts win. Available at 15/2.

0.5 pt e/w treble.

Last edited:
The flat action gets more interesting at York this week.

One of the best bets at the likely odds on Wednesday is Tim Easterby's Golden Apollo in the 4:35.

This chap is nicely bred by Cheveley Park stud, and was never very far away at the finish as a two year old.

He was third in a red-hot maiden at Ayr, behind a very promising Andrew Balding horse called Naval Warfare, who looks sure to improve on its rating of 84 when we next see him out.

The first three from that Ayr race all came out and won, including Golden Apollo, who finished his two year old career nicely with a well-deserved success at Doncaster on just his second start in a handicap.

It's his first start as a three year old, but if you assume he's ready to roll, I reckon he's very well handicapped.

I'm looking forward to seeing what price they go on him.

Won last time by 5 lengths, out again at York tomorrow. What chance?

May run in The Britannia as it happens.

Back