Dark Horses 07/08

I read an interesting comment on said horse in Racing Ahead this week An along the lines of goes novice chasing but doubt he's any good. Contrary to what I was told a couple of seasons ago mind and he did look very good when winning his bumper :(

Quaddick Lake would be another - he's entered up this week I believe and should run well provided he's over his Cheltenham fall.

Well nobody said this was a national hunt thread... so

FOOLIN MYSELF

maiden winner at Newmarket last week, by Montjeu Barry Hills trained , owned by Bill Gredley. Lovely horse.

Jamie Spencer was ready to pop with excitement afterwards, would have won five lengths if there had been a proper pace on.

Originally posted by Irish Stamp@Nov 5 2007, 06:12 PM
Contrary to what I was told a couple of seasons ago mind and he did look very good when winning his bumper :(
How many Willie Mullins horses can that comment apply to Martin? Can you say Ballytrim??? (I can't, at least not without vomitting..)

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Nov 5 2007, 06:06 PM
Ahem, Delargy - who drew your attention to Calgary Bay?! Eh?????

Bollocks. Who drew both your attention to the horse?

Originally posted by trackside528+Nov 6 2007, 12:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trackside528 @ Nov 6 2007, 12:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Irish Stamp@Nov 5 2007, 06:12 PM
Contrary to what I was told a couple of seasons ago mind and he did look very good when winning his bumper :(
How many Willie Mullins horses can that comment apply to Martin? Can you say Ballytrim??? (I can't, at least not without vomitting..) [/b][/quote]
Ballytrim and Hollywood Law are two that spring to mind.

What are you talking about Gearoid? Care to spit out the bone in your throat?

As it happens, I/we spotted the horse in the yard when it had been there barely 3 weeks and was as then un-named.

That'd be one hell of a leap of faith - not least because he was more being talked up as what he could be rather than on what he had actually achieved. And that was before he had two years off!

I like Kealshore Boy as a novice hurdler, it's a shame he's left George Moore though.

As mentioned, I too like Calgary Bay and Hen has another couple of lovely types I will be looking out for in Storm Surge and Olmeto Collonges.

He's not a dark horse, but Oscar Park is well worth looking out for over fences. He has been screaming chaser since before he first set foot on a racecourse and should a novice well worth following.

Dom D'Orgeval, again not dark as such, but should have a decent race in him as well.

5th that day at Aintree was Woolcombe Folly of Paul Nicholls'.
He looks very interesting and should win his bumper before going novice hurdling.

As I've mentioned before I am looking forward to seeing Helens Vision over hurdles and hope that if ridden with a bit more restraint than he was last week that Coolcashin could be another decent horse for the Bowes.

I also think Imperial Harry may be interesting in novice hcap hurdles once he gets a mark.

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Nov 6 2007, 05:51 PM
That'd be one hell of a leap of faith - not least because he was more being talked up as what he could be rather than on what he had actually achieved. And that was before he had two years off!

You need a bit of faith though don't you SL?

He'll be in a couple of my TTF lines

Greenness probably cost Dalmatian today but certainly should be winning his bumper.
Lord Generous (out of Lady Rebecca) finished 4th in the race and also should be winning races sooner rather than later.

Yeah Arkwright - it was a nice enough debut, could someone let me know if that winner got flashed for speeding at all? Talk about leaving it late.

I'm with perpetual re Red Devil Robert ~ he wasn't simply a hype horse although he may be a bit of a bridle merchant. Was given a shocking ride in Trabolgan's Hennessy wher his part owner begged that he be committed for home early due to his lack of turn of foot, but to no avail. He's a horse I'd love to see forcing the pace over 3 miles on a flat track.

Would be interesting to see if he's entered in those Wincanton races if that's the case Rory or possibly the likes of the Peter Marsh or Tommy Whittle etc. sent for home coming into the straight.

As mentioned, I too like Calgary Bay and Hen has another couple of lovely types I will be looking out for in Storm Surge and Olmeto Collonges.
Both Calgary Bay and Olmeto Collonges in my stable 5 to follow.
I like Calgary Bay a lot - I don't bet big sums however he is responsible for one of my biggest losses when backed at 5/1 when he got beat a short head last season - the winner ironically bred by an ex member of Executive Racing !

A horse I like a lot (and I see he has been talked up today in the RP as a possible Hennessy winner) is Andy Turnell's Bible Lord.
Certainly one to consider for TTF lists and will hopefully be running in the next few days at either Sandown or Carlisle.

Originally posted by Arkwright@Nov 8 2007, 01:43 PM
A horse I like a lot (and I see he has been talked up today in the RP as a possible Hennessy winner) is Andy Turnell's Bible Lord.
Certainly one to consider for TTF lists and will hopefully be running in the next few days at either Sandown or Carlisle.
I too really like Bible Lord. In fact, any horse that can carry Mark Grand to victory over fences must be good.

Back