Date With Destiny

What name would others have chosen?

I think the owners were on a hiding to nowhere with a name - no matter what they chose someone wouldnt approve!

Yes, but it's fun to think up alternatives - FRUITCAKE would've been my own choice. Or an unpronouncable EGROEG - given her Dad's liking for walking backwards!

Why not Washington Monument? Seems to fit perfectly!

Others off the top of my head:

Delaware Crossing
Across The Delaware
Vision Of Freedom
Notatoothinmemouth :p

Why not indeed? Other than it'll have to do for some other horse now - I like your last one best, though, it's like those very popular portmanteau Irish names. Notahaironmehead, Notadimeonme, Imofforaslash, Imnissedasapewt, Howaboutashag.

Madnesofkinggeorge (I think thats 18 letters!) if it had been a colt eh!

As for a filly:

Georgewasmedad
Onlyoneofakind
Unique
Lottaliveuptoo

(NB not checked if any are available!)

If it was a colt it would have to have been Boy George that is what they called him when he went back to Ballydoyle after his unsuccessful stud duties

Date With Destiny expected to make her debut Friday at either Newmarket's July meeting or Newbury.

I think Porphyria would have been nice (the madness of King George). And there's a great poem by Browning called Porphyria's Lover (it's short! Look it up).

Was slightly surprised too Songs to see her still entered for today. I'm really interested to see how she gets on tonight, from a totally sentimental point of view I'd love to see her doing well.

Back