Deadpool 2012

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
I put this in the forum competition thread but I think a lot of people might have missed it.

The idea is to pick ten people you think may peg it during 2012 and points are awarded based on age at the time he or she passed on. These points are based on the age of the dead person at the time of death and are subtracted from 100. Example:
Amy Winehouse was 27 when she died and scored 73 pts (100-27) whereas Kim Jong il netted 31 pts (100-69)
So the idea is not to just load up a list with 80+ old fogies. One hit on a youngster could be enough to win.

The minimum age for selections is 18 and one and one only must be a horse racing personality. This person would garner double points if dying during the year. So for example Sir Peter O'Sullevan would score you 12 pts (100-94x2)

A prize will be awarded to the winner - a free £50 on any horse for the 2013 Cheltenham Festival.

I will try and keep track of celebrity deaths but if you see a hit that I miss try and provide a link.

Entries in by the turn of the year please.

Happy to answer any questions.

I thought of Sir Pete as a possibility, but for just 12 pts might go for someone more likely to bring in the mid-range.

Have we got a thread for this slmewhere that I'm being really special and missing?? I've got a few off the top of my head, can I have them now and finish off later?

Pete docherty
Lord Oaksey :(
Lindsay Lohan
Brittany speirs
Margaret thatcher

Last edited:
Of course.

Frank Carson
Barry Hills
Muhammad Ali
Joe Paterno
Robin Gibb
Jon Bon Jovi
Margaret Thatcher
Geoffrey Hughes
Ray Bradbury
Terry Pratchett

Rodrigo Hernandez
Donald Newbury
George Rivas
Keith Steven Thurmond
Jesse Hernandez
Gary Welch
Charles Lorraine
Michael St. Clair
Michael Webb
Mark Wiles

Kieren Fallon – Jockey
Ronny Biggs - Thief
Sara Payne – Campaigner
Pope Benedict XVI - Extremist
Margaret Thatcher – Leader
Etta James – Singer
Abdelbaset al-Megrahi – Terrorist
Fidel Castro – Exploding Cigar dodger
Paul Gascoigne – Fruitcake
Heidi Fleiss – Celebrity Hooker

Bing-bong! Stewards' inquiry! How can al-Megrahi be included, when he's already got terminal cancer? Is it to be followed by an Unexpectedly Miraculous Recoveries thread? We need some ground rules, otherwise we'll all be picking people already on the way out.

:lol::lol: Some just barely!

In that case... I demand a 5 pts deduction for all those who conk out when known to be dying at the time they're entered! :p

Bing-bong! Stewards' inquiry! How can al-Megrahi be included, when he's already got terminal cancer? Is it to be followed by an Unexpectedly Miraculous Recoveries thread? We need some ground rules, otherwise we'll all be picking people already on the way out.

al-Megrahi has been on death's door for ten years.

Nicky Henderson
Roy Hattersley
Pete Doherty (live in hope)
Ronnie O'Sullivan
Sarah Ferguson
Andy Thorn (Coventry manager)
Peter Alliss
Ken Dodd (hope not)
Baroness Trumpington
Russell Howard

Technically, only since we sent him back to the glorious fatherland, but I won't quibble! Hopefully, my first two selection, then:

Ian Brady
Abdul-basset el-Megrahi (yes, I'll 'ave some of that, too, then!)
Sir Peter O'Sullevan (racing's contribution)
Maggie Thatcher
Robin Gibb
Pete Doherty
Michael Douglas
Jimmy Carter
Peter O'Toole (he is still alive, isn't he?)*
Morgan Freeman

* If pre-conked, then please sub Prince Philip.

Technically, only since we sent him back to the glorious fatherland, but I won't quibble! Hopefully, my first two selection, then:

Ian Brady
Abdul-basset el-Megrahi (yes, I'll 'ave some of that, too, then!)
Sir Peter O'Sullevan (racing's contribution)
Maggie Thatcher
Robin Gibb
Pete Doherty
Michael Douglas
Jimmy Carter
Peter O'Toole (he is still alive, isn't he?)*
Morgan Freeman

* If pre-conked, then please sub Prince Philip.

Not many there in the rudest of health, Kri...

Last edited:
Ive just been to my local hospice, and my entry is as follows.

Cecil
Maevie
Maude
Elsie
Bernard
Sam
Bob
Tom
Dick
Harry...

Hope they hold out til the starting line....

Exactly, VVO! If Bets can have someone who's supposedly in the final throes, I might as well harvest what I can from the enfeebled or elderly. If I was going for youngsters, I'd put up Frankie Cocozza from The X Factor, as he seems determined to ape Doherty and might pre-succeed him!

It's also likely that some footballer will cream his overpowered car, a young film star will do a Heath Ledger, and there'll be another tragedy from the worlds of Indy or motorbike racing, but it's too difficult to say exactly who! I can't see a younger outstanding female candidate as Amy Winehouse would've been, either. One has to do the best one can with proven handicappers.

Last edited:
Hamid Karzai
Andy Fordham
Nick Nolte
Bashir Assad
Ayman Al-Zawahiri
Ratko Mladic
Wayne Sleep
Jim Bowen
Dick Cheney
Ant
Dec

Karzai - yes, I should think Attempt No.864 in an ongoing series should eventually pay off! One or two interesting ones there, but Ant and Dec only wishful thinking, unless that ropeway collapses next time they're hosting jungle frolics with Z-listers.

I've randomly selected 10 celebs:

Matt Lucas
Elton John
Boy George
Michael Cashman MEP
Anderson Cooper (TV)
Alan Cumming OBE (Actor)
Ellen Degeneres
Jodie Foster
Stephen Fry
Tony Blair

No - it was a joke, ie, I wanted to add you to my list! :p

Hmmn.

I suspect I missed it due to my being lost elsewhere in the comedy thicket, looking for a gag about including you in my list. :lol:

Unfortunately, I didn't really alight on anything that I felt was sufficiently robust enough to induce a bout of the titters. Some people will trot-out any old rubbish, and I like to think I have higher standards. :ninja:

:D

Back