Departures 2010

Special Envoy is listed as pulled up, fatally injured on the RP site today at Market Rasen.

Last edited:
Glad to read Monkerhostin was retired safe and sound, one who would never give up. Here's to a long and happy retirement for him and thanks for the memories.

IMG_0465.jpg

yes, very sad to read about special envoy, too.

and yes again, lovely photo sue, many thanks for sharing, even though he was never one of "mine", but lovely tough horse. retirement well deserved , but don´t they all?!

He was sure one of mine, crazy about him and his stablemate 'Lacdoodle'. :) Thanks for sharing the pic Sue, where was it taken?
Think what a training performance it was to keep him sweet and how nice to see him go out sound and happy. Heard he would be staying at the yard as a pet as he likes to be involved.

I met the old boy at stud when I was still at college - thats going back some years! Can't believe he made such a good age.

He was diagnosed with cancer only a few months ago and it came as a shock to everyone. He always seemed so robust and larger than life.

Don't Be Bitin in the Galway Plate. I'm relieved he was the only fatality, given the carnage at the last.

McCoy's ride on Finger on the Pulse will live long in the memory.

Sad to see Don't Be Bitin meet his demise. Colm had just found the key to him and he was third in the Dan Moore, won at Wexford and Tipp. He was thinking of running him in the Hurdle instead.

oh no, very sad to read re. dont be bitin. do not follow galway to be honest, and simply cannot warm up to summer jumping at all.

That was a nasty one Cantoris, first race at Galway. I saw a quick shot of the horse try to get up then lie back down and thought it looked bad. Sad, only a 4yo.

Reports that Stotsfold has died of colic. Consistent as they come and if anything was better than ever this year. Shame.

just read that stotsfold died of colic tuesday night. swinburn called it a "hammer blow" and it surely is ! never been "mine", but so tough and gutsy, a huge shame!

now that was two at the same time!

from the walter swinburn homepage:

"In the midst of a really good year for the stable, we were dealt a hammer blow this morning with the news that STOTSFOLD had died on the operating table during the night. Almost 3 weeks after his career-best effort in winning the Gala Stakes at Sandown he was found to be suffering with colic and following several days of intense treatment and observation, he seemed to be over it. Sadly the problem recurred late last night and he was immediately taken to the Newmarket Equine Hospital but they were unable to save him. The homebred 7-year-old will be greatly missed around the yard but the memories will definitely linger long. "

Last edited:
Absolutely gutted about Stotsfold, has done me a few favours over the year and I was really looking forward to seeing him run in the Million and the yard must be absolutely devastated, they had plans to take him to the Canadian International and all sorts.

Back