Derek Thompson - Cancer

Where is the "does virtually every thread on here have to end up sidetracked by a pissing contest to the detriment of the topic under discussion" emoticon...?

Can I gently suggest that you go and play your little boys' games on another thread, not one set up for the purposes of wishing one of racing's stalwarts a full recovery from a life-threatening illness?

Yes they have - go **** yourself

Feel free to email me who and what was said if you believe that, but I can't remember banning anyone for saying less than that, in fact its extremely rare anyone gets banned from here.

The comment was removed as there were complaints that it was in bad taste.

Lets put the thread back on topic please.

Where is the "does virtually every thread on here have to end up sidetracked by a pissing contest to the detriment of the topic under discussion" emoticon...?

Can I gently suggest that you go and play your little boys' games on another thread, not one set up for the purposes of wishing one of racing's stalwarts a full recovery from a life-threatening illness?

Perhaps a tad sanctimonious Cruella... I think the thread has got about as far as it could get with wishing Tommo the best. I’ve no idea what simmo said (...apparently it was in bad taste) and he may have thought better of it by now, but if he stands by what he said then maybe it should have remained.

he may have thought better of it by now, but if he stands by what he said then maybe it should have remained.

I stand by the comments that I actually made (as opposed to those people think I made). However - the moderators have made their position clear by deleting them and I have no intention of calling that decision into question.

You may stand by your comments but they had no place on a thread about someone suffering from a serious illness. Along with everyone else I wish Derek Thompson all the best and can only thank the moderators for removing those unpleasant comments about him.

You may stand by your comments but they had no place on a thread about someone suffering from a serious illness. Along with everyone else I wish Derek Thompson all the best and can only thank the moderators for removing those unpleasant comments about him.

What she said.

It is a shame that this thread has degenerated into a tedious slanging match. All the best to Derek Thompson.

Have to say that you don't tend to see threads here turning into ego massaging,c@@@ showing contests that you get on other forums and that what sets this place apart for me.There's no need to mention the persons character.......Get well soon.

Back