Dewhurst Stakes

Guest_

At the Start
With the likes of Rip Van Winkle, Huntdown, Ashram, Intense Focus, Soul City all likely to run this looks a cracker and a clear victory for one of the principles will probably see the Champion 2 year old title taken from Mastercraftsman or Naaqoos.

A repeat of Teofilo vs Holy Roman Emperor would be nice!

I think it's a very weak renewal .. has any horse won more than a Group3?

I think Rip Van Winkle has a lot to prove.. a defeat of Cuis Ghaire does not entitle him to be Guineas favourite, and I'll look to take him on as I'd imagine he'll be around 6/5 or so, but with what?

Ashram is interesting.

I think Rip Van Winkle, Huntdown and Ashram are all potential top notchers. The likes of Intense Focus and Soul City will provide good formlines.

Ashram (IRE) 2.c
Bushranger (IRE) 2.c
Delegator 2.c
Drumbeat (IRE) 2.c
Egypt 2.c
Finjaan 2.c
Galpin Junior (USA) 2.c
Gan Amhras (IRE) 2.c
Glass Harmonium (IRE) 2.c
Gluteus Maximus (IRE) 2.c
Huntdown (USA) 2.c
Indian Ocean (IRE) 2.c
Intense Focus (USA) 2.c
Lord Shanakill (USA) 2.c
Masterofthehorse (IRE) 2.c
Nasri 2.c
Ouqba 2.c
Prime Delivery (USA) 2.c
Ra Junior (USA) 2.c
Rip Van Winkle (IRE) 2.c
Set Sail (IRE) 2.c
Shaweel 2.c
Soul City (IRE) 2.c
Westphalia (IRE) 2.c

Thought Huntdown looked like a horse that would only improve the last day.... In saying that i think Rip Van Winkle is potentially very good. But i dont think i will take the short price about him. Maybe a forecast.

I`ve taken 12s on Shaweel and had a saver on Ashram. The favourite is atrocious value and has to be taken on. Story of the season I suppose.

I agree that Shaweel looks overpriced and I would have similar reservations about the favourite. I doubt he would be running here if Mastercraftsman was not over the top.

I´ve backed Ashram earlier in the week. Can´t help thinking the front two (Ashram and RVW) are priced on stables. If RVW were with Hills and Ashram at Ballydoyle surely they´d be priced the other way round?

6/1 or even 4/1 about a 4 3/4l G3 winner in the Dewhurst will do for me :)

Rip Van Winkle is pretty weak this morning, out to 2/1 in places. Be interesting to see if Coolmore get stuck in on track.

Rip Van Winkle looks like being a tasty price but for my money Ballydoyle are not in good for for the last couple of weeks.I know they have had plenty of winners and even a Group 1 success but they just don't have the same invincibility as they had during the summer.
I am going to back Bolgers ew lay Ashram for a place and a small reverse forecast Bolgers and Hannons.

I like Stimulation, Shaweel, Russian Cross and Sheyras.

Interesting in other races: Classic Punch and Marquesa.

Around around the 2/1 price is a great bet....definitely the Coolmore number 1 for the Guineas. My only worry would be his inexperience might catch him out but I think he is a class horse.

And that one would have struggled to finish in the top 6 last year. A terrible Dewhurst to cap off a terrible flat season.

First impression was....heck of a training performance from Bolger.

Second impression, Murtagh gave Rip Van Winkle a very considerate ride.

Rip Van Winkle looks like being a tasty price but for my money Ballydoyle are not in good for for the last couple of weeks.I know they have had plenty of winners and even a Group 1 success but they just don't have the same invincibility as they had during the summer.
I am going to back Bolgers ew lay Ashram for a place and a small reverse forecast Bolgers and Hannons.

Can I say ...... booooooooooooom.

Back