Diamond Harry

betsmate

At the Start
Did that pretty nicely. Not too often you see such small fields with no early pace finishing like that in a Grade 1.

He looks a top class horse, want to see him chasing next season.

About the Festival , good chance in any race he runs, including the World Hdl.

my figures for them are:

Hurricane Fly 145P
Diamond Harry 158P
Mikael Dhauguent 152P
Cousin Vinny 140P
Pandorama 162+

Agree with that, would you have hurricane in the ballymore and let cousin vinny race in the supreme and then take both the top novices?

Thats how i would do it in mullins postions.

I think it will be the other way around, I think CV will go for the longer race.

I'd agree with Galileo, and I wouldn't write Pandorama off either if Meade freshens him up. He ran a long way below his previous run when he was turned over last time.

The Ballymore could well be a real cracker.

I think Hurricane Fly would blow him away over any trip.

That's an interesting conclusion Galileo, given that there is little evidence we have seen the best of either yet. What's your rationale?

Last edited:
I think I know where you’re coming from. At this time of year it is always the same with the Irish novices, they can go for any race at the festival (even whispers of Champion Hurdles with Hurricane Fly) or not even go to the festival at all. You end with months of debate of which race they will run in never mind win!

Diamond Harry is clearly a talented horse, but Hurricane Fly would have too much speed for him on a decent surface.

It does not matter really as I do not think they will clash at Cheltenham. Looks a strong bunch of novices anyway.

That is starting to become a cliche.....

Are but cliches can have a core of truth :p

I thought he was stunning at Cheltenham and Haydock - he was running away both times- he was pulling Timmy Murphy's arms out at Cheltenham .

He seems to have lots of speed as well as staying well .

Ardross, I would be shocked (disappointed even) if you were not a fully paid up member of the Diamond Harry club. Just make sure you back him w/o "The Irish aeroplanes" at the festival.

Back