Diamond Harry

I am not into slagging off jockeys but I thought Thornton was poor on the second.

I was interested to see how Robert Thornton had strengthened up during the last few seasons, but he seems to have been generally below-par since last summer. Perhaps he has come back from injury too quickly in a bid to get fit for next month, but he doesn't seem himself at present. Hope he's all right.

I layed Diamond Harry at last years Festival and will be doing the same this time around. I was on the rails yesterday for the race. He just keeps galloping them into the ground but his jumping is just not good enough for Cheltenham. I wonder is that why theyu debated long and hard about whether to go chasing or World Hurdle route and only after he got beaten by Big Bucks have they taken the alternative route. Timmy was very down beat about his chances in the winners enclosure interview afterwards. I don't think he expects to be in the the number one spot at cheltenham although he did say he didn't give him a great feel yest so might be more to come.

I backed Bensalem yesterday. He was 7lbs better of with DH for their previous meeting and I wasn't convinced DH was B's superior by ten lengths but I was also mindful of the comments on here about Murphy's riding of the horse. All in all, it struck me that the 9/2 available was stonking value. One of those great value bets that doesn't win...

Back