Disaster!!

Thank God they didn't award the Olympics to Paris!!! We'll see that come back and bite me in 2012. I'd have thought they'll void it, or have rule 4's all over the place. Still, I backed Fleeting Spirit, she might well go off fav in any re-run now given that Overdose will be required to run 10F at full pelt.

I think Marchand d'Or will go off a shorter favourit now. I backed him a few days ago and was seriously worried that with the ground Overdose would beat him hollow. Tragedy for the Hungarians, he is a monster and would have won fair and square but I think the freshest horses will win at 6.15

What a cnut Angus Loughran is; the one thing that is uncertain is how ante post bets will be settled, given that Overdose and others must surely be non-runners, but neither he nor Simon Clare bothered to mention it.

The red flag was pretty clearly waved....jockeys just seemed to ignore it.

You jest surely? Any jockey on the inside of the track near the front had no chance of seeing the flag ~ only those on the outside or in behind would have been immediately aware.

In fairness to the flag waver there were 20 horses charging at him, and not too many jockeys looking up. Liam Jones looked particularly busy.

No idea tbh - the BBC seem to think about a furlong or two which IMO is far too close. They'll never pull up in that time - those with a quick start will be looking at 3f to pull up.

Back