Downroyal Saturday

Very brave from Sizing. He clearly hated the conditions. Jumping was a bit off in it. I'd say that will encourage them to go to the KG now

How???? He DOESN'T stay.

It was funny, that clown Potts gets what he deserved.

Quito too slow, maybe Irish GN.

SE has to go back to 2 miles after that.

Because Mr Potts wants a GC Horse Hamm and seems ignorant to the fact that he owns a very genuine 2M horse

I genuinely love Sizing and wish connections would see sense.

I see nothing funny whatsoever in a brave and genuine horse knackered out of its brains, going up and down on the spot

Why watch the race then, this was obvious beforehand. They got whatthey deserved. Awful for the horse.

Impressive looking performance from Kauto Stone, though I'd like to see him frank it against something better before going overboard. Did everything very nicely though.

Hobbs may regret missing the Champion Chase with Captain Chris yet, with no Sizing Europe around!

Last edited:
You guys claim to care about the horse but are now arguing a drop back to 2 miles. I care about the horse but would just let him be, he showed today he can hold his own.

Last edited:
Well another fact is he's only been beaten a length today, seemingly knackered and as you say out on his feet after the last, pulling 8 length clear of the third horse who is now a 12/1 chance for the Gold Cup. IMO if he were mine I would of stuck to the champion chase but after today they may aswell try their luck in the KG and not ruin the horse dropping back again. Thats all I'm trying to say.

Last edited:
He is a very classy horse, that is why he pulled clear. He was beaten by a slow out and out stayer.

I reckon he would possibly place in a KG, but he is the premier 2m chaser in these Islands

My message to the Potts

Stick to the Knitting

re Sizing...i don't think being taken at that pace at 3miles was a good way to stay it tbh..look how Midnight weakened by setting such a pace

that said..he isn't stamna imo...might stay an easy 3 miles but i wouldn't be backing him to do so

Florida Pearl was a very good chaser/KG winner who never won the Gold Cup.

The KG is a top race in itself, and unless you're one of them people that beleive Long Run is the next Kauto Star then from Pott's view it could be worth a go. A decent place chance, what more could you want going to Kempton.

Last edited:
The horse has won an Arkle and a Champion Chase. Azertyuiop and Moscow Fyer in recent years flirted with the King George. It is a reasonable aim for a Champion Chaser.

Last edited:
Azertyuiop ran in it and placed. Never looked like winning and didn't stay

Moscow Flyer would have won a KG imo and won comfortably at Aintree over 2 and half

MF was a once in a generation horse however. Sizing is good but not within 10lbs of Moscow

Both Kauto and Denman were ten last year and they couldn't win the gold cup again. Let sizing Europe run in the champion chase.

I think Mark Walsh should be given the PFA goalkeeper of the year award. Top stopping again today aboard Flemensford (Down Royal 3.25).

Last edited:
Back