Drf 2024

For the sake of an interest I've taken 5/1 Captain G w/o El FAb. I have a decent back rating for it.

Lost two lengths and momentum at the second and was ridden to pick up the scraps thereafter. Definitely could have been second with a less negative ride which might have made for some jumping that was nowhere near as fluent as the front three.. Some way better than the bare form but probably not good enough to turn the tables on younger improvers.

Again, just for the sake of an interest, Bob Olinger at 9/4 w/o State Man.

Well done I thought Bob Olinger ran an absolute cracker considering it was 2 miles.

Only problem is where does he go now? he would at best get 3rd in the CH. Maybe they should go over fences and aim him at the Ryanair....doubtful I suppose

Fully agree, have it in the tracker with simply 'plot job' as the note!

I don't think they are stopping him. He has a tremendous turn of foot but they are overdoing the tactics.

The jockey today hadn't moved a muscle on him but he was about to when he was all but taken out of the race by a faller.

O'keefe rides him the same way and it's starting to get boring to watch as they are overdoing it,

He is not a hard puller so they could easily hold him up about 8 lengths off th leaders instead of 20 lengths.

Ruby did point out he had no luck today.............again!!

He is not a hard puller so they could easily hold him up about 8 lengths off th leaders instead of 20 lengths.

One of my pet gripes when watching exaggerated hold-up tactics.

You often find when they do go and win that they're not as far back as when they lose...

American Mike was a non runner "due to the ground."

The ground on the chase course was yielding to soft. Either yielding or soft was in the going description for nine of his previous eleven starts. The other two were heavy including when disappointing in Limerick at Christmas.

I wonder what ground they would have liked for him?

Gaelic Warrior was very difficult before the start in both the parade ring and earlier in the pre-parade area.

I wonder if he hurt himself with that awkward landing 4 out ......he stopped very quickly and put up no real fight and it wasn't like Fact to File was cantering all over him.

[Captain Guinness] Lost two lengths and momentum at the second and was ridden to pick up the scraps thereafter. Definitely could have been second with a less negative ride which might have made for some jumping that was nowhere near as fluent as the front three.. Some way better than the bare form but probably not good enough to turn the tables on younger improvers.

Simon Rowlands noticed too:

[FONT=&quot]Forget his pulled-up effort at Leopardstown over Christmas when clearly not himself, and forgive his third to El Fabiolo at the Dublin Racing Festival last time when the ride he received was sympathetic to say the least. The winner had long gone by the time the held-up Captain Guinness came under pressure but he lost little ground on runner-up Dinoblue on the greatly extended run-in.[/FONT]

(The emphasis is mine.)

Back