Dubai World Cup 2012

Looks a good card. Nice to see Ballydoyle sending runners over and good horses at that. I'd like to go one day - have been to Nad Al Sheba but Meydan looks something else.

Looks a good card. Nice to see Ballydoyle sending runners over and good horses at that. I'd like to go one day - have been to Nad Al Sheba but Meydan looks something else.

Be surprised if they run So You Think in the World Cup.
10f on synthetics would be his absolute maximum,and he's supposedly being campaigned over 1m this season, anyway.

....but Meydan looks something else.

I was there for Super Saturday and to be honest with you, I was disappointed. No real chance to get into the pre-parade, you only see the horses for two laps in the parade,...3/4 of the grandstand in empty and with no betting and no real chance to see the horses before they run, the whole experience is lacking appeal for me.

Thanks, LBM. Always interesting to hear the experience of someone who's been. Isn't there a placepot type thing running? I remember something similar at Nad Al Sheba.

Thanks, LBM. Always interesting to hear the experience of someone who's been. Isn't there a placepot type thing running? I remember something similar at Nad Al Sheba.
There is a pick 7 with a limit pay which I cannot recall, but it won't make you rich even if you are the only winner by any means. There are also some trifectas betting in a couple of races. You have to enter both bets half an hour before the start of the first race of the meeting.

Not sure So You Think will be around for long this season; they could well send him back to Australia for the breeding season.

Interesting to see Haggas pitch Beaten Up in the Sheema. Big jump in class, but no doubting he was seriously impressive lto at Newbury. Big strapping horse, lighly raced, God knows what improvement is likely to come about.

Heading over to it - cant wait - Game On Dude should be shorter in the betting than So You Think for the big one, he's better on dirt but was a nose away from winning a G1 on the all weather (polytrack!) and I think is a much better horse since he last ran on the all weather - He's the one for me

Heading over to it - cant wait - Game On Dude should be shorter in the betting than So You Think for the big one, he's better on dirt but was a nose away from winning a G1 on the all weather (polytrack!) and I think is a much better horse since he last ran on the all weather - He's the one for me

Had a very nice prep too.

Eishin Flash has some nice form with Orfevre and other top class Japanese horses. 1m2f shouldn't pose a problem and if he handles Tapeta, 14/1 looks very tempting in yet another pretty weak renewal given the prize money on offer.

duty free looks the hottest race of the day
plenty of horses in a very high figure and Await the Dawn likely lack the speed for a field like this on 9f

Back