Dubai World Cup 2012

What the **** was that about with Await The Dawn? I don't know the horse at all, but the ride seemed weird. Reminded me of Richard Johnson on Wishfull Thinking in the Tingle Creek.

I had no bet but that is why this meeting is so dull and uninspiring. A fully exposed sort of early 120s beast absolutely pisses a race that's worth nearly 2 million quid.

If the Cheltenham Festival is the Horse Racing equivalent of FC Barca then this shindig is surely Manchester City. Lots of money, lots of hype and not a huge lot to get excited about. The Flat needs a good Guineas and Frankel to return full of p1ss and vinegar.

Cirrus at 3/1 is a must bet, best horse in teh field and the ground should not be a problem seeing how Cityscape won the Duty Free.

Too much ground given up by Joseph off that pace. Horse nearly got him out of it, but Cirrus is just too good to give that kind of start to.

Looked like the horses finishes in mid field were interferred with by Zazou breakingdown?

EDIT - Transcend broke down

Last edited:
there is a lot of pace in the race..smart falcon...transcend...game on dude..making the race a real test at this trip..Monterosso could go one better with this pace scenario..i'd rather be on him at long odds than SYT at a measly 9/4 who is likely to yeild to one in the final furlong

its not every day i have a nice hit on a 28.0 shot..so i will blow my trumpet on this;)

A tremendous shout, EC !!!
I knew I saw it somewhere but clean forgot to throw a nominal amount at it for fun before the race.

The race itself: I'm not in the least taken with Barzalona's urge to stand up in the saddle and wave to the crowd BEFORE he crosses the finish. It's a habit which seems almost embedded in him now, and someday this idiocy will bite him in the bum.
Someday a horse will jink; keep it real Barzalona and maintain the correct riding position until you pull up the horse. Maybe an excuse for this nonsense aboard Pour Moi last year -- youthful exhuberance etc etc -- but now it's most unbecoming and unprofessional.
(Can't be any good for the horse either -- having the bit pulled back into his mouth at 38 mph and 9 stone standing up in the stirrups.).

They should string some razor wire across the finishing line and take his head clean off

would be youtube classic

Back