Dubai World Cup day

I've had an each way on Victoire Pisa. Buena Vista finished in front of him on her last two runs, but VP ran a nice race last month, might still be improving and is probably better suited by Saturday's trip of 10f than the mare. VP is also tactically versatile, able to win from on or off the pace, which is no harm. The tapeta surface is an unknown but 12/1 with Ladbrokes looks ok to me.

Twice Over has an obvious chance, but he has not yet won a top tier European Gr 1 and the 9/4 therefore looks too short.

I've no feel for how Cape Blanco might run. Do people think he will be fully primed for this?

Well I thought it was a most satisfactory race...:)

Well done to Mirco Demuro for his forward move down the back straight. The horses which led into the straight lasted home. The result clearly meant a lot to him and, hopefully, to many Japanese people.

Well I thought it was a most satisfactory race...:)

Well done to Mirco Demuro for his forward move down the back straight. The horses which led into the straight lasted home. The result clearly meant a lot to him and, hopefully, to many Japanese people.

Well done Grey, serious shout, hope you made a few sheckles.

Really enjoyable day of racing.

Rocket Man was the star of the day for me. Great result finacially with Skysurfers and V. Pisa.

I have watched the replay several times and I haven´t been able to make up my mind about whether or not the fact that Master of Hounds changed his leads in the last stride cost him the race. Not very impressed with Moore use of the whip anyhow. I know it was getting tight, but I am not a great fan of hitting horses on their shoulders. I am not sure it´s of any help to the horse´s efforts.

I am a great fan of Demuro. He´s been performing great rides in Japan since he won some Classics races with Neo Universe and Daiwa Major a few years back. He is particulary good timing his horses final attack and I wonder if Sheik Mo will give him more chances in Europe as he has done in Japan.

Mickael Barzalona, jockey, Monterosso, 3rd – “I'm really delighted with his run but I wish I had more room because I'm sure I could have finished second. The lack of pace worked in my favour because this is not really his trip.” I really don´t get this from Barzalona. I think with a stronger pace Monterosso would have won the race and he is a horse to include in the short-list of horses to follow in Europe this year.

Last edited:
Terrible race. I think Workforce and Harbinger apart the middle distance division last year was the worst I've ever seen so I hope we have a good crop of 3yos.

I am not sure which race you are referring to but Rewilding is to class, and will be hard to beat in the top 1m4 group 1s if there is a decent pace and he turns up fresh, which they have confirmed he will be from now on.

There is nothing Queally could have done that would have won him the race.
On a positive note Monterosso has made some progress for an animal that was running around Wolverhampton in the winter of 2009/10.He could make up into a proper international horse for Godolphin .

... Rewilding is top class, and will be hard to beat in the top 1m4 group 1s if there is a decent pace and he turns up fresh, which they have confirmed he will be from now on.

I agree, yesterday's effort was impressive.

I thought it was an unsatisfactory race in the fact that the pace was so poor. The jockeys looked all over the place - Gio Ponti who I seem to remember was well-fancied for this last year was again badly ridden. Twice Over had no chance at such a pedestrian crawl followed by a sprint and hats off to the Japenese horses' jockeys who sussed it out.

I am not sure which race you are referring to but Rewilding is to class, and will be hard to beat in the top 1m4 group 1s if there is a decent pace and he turns up fresh, which they have confirmed he will be from now on.

It was a pretty weak affair with Dangerous Midge bombing ( though the Breeders Cup Turf is becoming a ropey race - Midday should surely have run in it rather than the F & M ) . Redwood is a solid G2 performer and that is all .

Furthermore, no Snow Fairy or Workforce both of whom I would expect to beat him .

There is nothing Queally could have done that would have won him the race.
On a positive note Monterosso has made some progress for an animal that was running around Wolverhampton in the winter of 2009/10.He could make up into a proper international horse for Godolphin .

Quite possibly but he rushed him up but in a half hearted manner and then got pushed back - sat too far back and then tried to rush him and went wide . His ride was an object lesson in what not to do - Demuro's in what to do .

What a game horse blanco is, really stuck his head out. The second horse couldn't find a buyer at the yearling sales and his siblings didn't fair much better.

Thought it was a promising run from Cape Blanco first time out. Great bit of riding on the winner. Jockey really read the race well.

Back