Dublin Racing Club

Just imagine the connections of that horse after it gets beaten with two stone in hand........how can you legislate for there being a bigger "improver" in the field.....:ninja:

In fairness though, they only got a good price because the handicap snip was evens. After all, he had won his two bumpers so they knew what they were backing against.

Last edited:
Just imagine the connections of that horse after it gets beaten with two stone in hand........how can you legislate for there being a bigger "improver" in the field.....:ninja:

That post would have been hilarious if it were not probably 100% accurate!

Our next meeting is on Thursday 26th January at 7.30pm in Peadar Kearneys, Dame Street (located a few doors up from the Olympia).

The focus on the night will be on the huge weekend’s racing ahead, including the Boylesports Hurdle (formerly the MCR Hurdle), the Frank Ward Irish Arkle, and the BHP Irish Champion Hurdle. We have an excellent panel lined up to discuss the racing and the topical items in racing news on the day. The panel is:

Donn McClean
Well known journalist, tipster and founder of donnmcclean.com. Donn contributes to the Racing Post, Sunday Times, Newstalk and Setanta on a frequent basis and is one of Ireland’s most respected judges.

Paudie Hassett
Paudie is an Irish horse racing odds compiler with Boylesports. Paudie is extremely knowledgeable on Irish form and will provide valuable insight into his firm’s sponsored race.

Declan Meaghar
Declan is a professional gambler and former employee of Dermot Weld with a major interest in pace analysis. Declan will bring vast racing expertise and a professional punter’s philosophy to the panel on the night.

As usual we will have our (almost) famous quiz on the night, with lots of great prizes! The lads at Peadar Kearney’s are providing the venue and finger-food free of charge. A big thank you to Brian and all his staff.

Additionally, the club will be having its first outing to the races at Leopardstown on Saturday 28th January. Leopardstown have given us the use of a private suite on the day and have provided us with a fantastic deal, just €20 for all the following:

Admission to the Boylesports.com Handicap Hurdle Day, 28th January.
Premium level tickets with access to Private Suite and Balcony
Finger Food Buffet
Sparkling/Mulled wine reception
Televisions with CCTV and terrestrial coverage
Race programmes
Racing Post newspapers
Host/Hostess dedicated to our group for the day with a cash bar available
Tote betting facilities located close-by

It would be great if as many of you as possible could make it to the races as no doubt it will be a great day out. We will be selling tickets on the night in Peadar Kearney’s. These will be €20 each and we are limited to 50 tickets so those attending on the Thursday night will be given first call on any tickets. A massive thank you to Caroline and all at Leopardstown for providing us with this deal at an amazing price.

I’m sure we can arrange a few drinks in Peadar Kearney’s following the racing as well!

Please forward this mail to anyone who may be interested in attending the next meeting. As you know, membership of the club is free and all are welcome. The more the merrier! If you have any questions or you would like to suggest a topic for discussion on the night, please get in touch. You can phone Stephen on 0863037961.

All the best,

Stephen, Jack and John
Dublin Racing Club

p.s. we are now on facebook (as of 5 minutes ago). Find us at Dublin Racing-Club

Perhaps it would be an idea for us Gwidders to get our hands on some of those Leopardstown tickets?

How many would we need? It would be pointless unless all attending had a ticket. The forum comes first :nono:

One each, I imagine

:lol:

(Edited due to ridiculously abusive profanity)

A colleague of mine at work knows one of the lads organising the club. Perhaps I could offer to take the quota of tickets we need if they're available at the end of the night. I could attend for the good of the forum :ninja:

Good deal for leopardstown weekend in the Irish field page 6..... 1 night stay Deluxe room in 5 star radisson hotel with Breakfast + Top level seated tickets for the two race days, 109 euro for two people,from 259 .... limited to 50 packages!

That is super value, seats normally cost €40. I presume you mean €109 per person sharing?

Does it have to be bought in advance or will they be available on the day?

From Leopardstown Racecourse facebook page

"The January Jumps Weekend is fast approaching, this great weekend's racing features the Boylesports.com Handicap Hurdle on Saturday 28th Jan and The BHP Insurance Irish Champion Hurdle, 29th Jan - we have a FANTASTIC offer, the weekend ticket is only €20, that is admission to both day's racing...buy your tickets now on www.leopardstown.com"

Hi everyone,

Less than 4 weeks to go to the greatest show on earth and I'm sure everyone is getting pumped up for the festival.

I mentioned at the last meeting that we will not be having a seperate Cheltenham preview night. The best show in the country in that regard is being organised by Boylesports, the Racing Post and Leopardstown Racecourse. As most of you know, these three organisations have been extremely supportive of the racing club and this is our chance to return the favour.

On Wednesday March 7th Willie Mullins, Tom Segal and Davy Russell will form part of a magnificent panel. Jonathan Mullin will MC on what promises to be an informative and entertaining night. The night is being organised in aid of the Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association and anyone who saw Colm Murray's documentary on the topic wil appreciate this great cause.

Full details of the night are attached.

The €20 entry fee is an absolute bargain. There is a €10 free bet, entry to Punchestown for Champion Chase day at the festival, a Cheltenham preview book valued at €10 and plenty more on top of that.

I hope we can really get behind this night and show our support as a club. I'm sure there will be lots of familiar faces there and we can all catch up over a pint before, during and after!

Beyond this date, we will organise something around Punchestown and an Aintree preview. We'll be in touch soon enough about those.

All the very best,

Stephen

Most of these events are run for charity and in those cases I doubt anybody takes more than their expenses.

Back