Durkan Chase

So who does everyone fancy then? Think the Listener at the prices is excellent value each way with the dead 8 running. Gonna love the heavy ground. 5-1 think gonna have to have a piece of that.

Was thinking The Listener too, if he gets an easy uncontested lead he'll be hard to peg back.

One Cool Cookie will probably prevent The Listener having everything his own way but he still looks too big at 5's given he'll have ideal conditions.

It looks a cracker. One thing is for sure, if WOA finished in front of Noland I will have lost money and got the race all wrong.

One Cool Cookie may be a non-runner but I'd have thought Watson Lake would want to lead after making all LTO.

The Listener should canter , best horse in the field and the conditions to suit, 5/1 big bet for me.

'Tis a reasonable view. If you knew he would repeat last year's run he's an odds on chance. Even with the memory of his last run I think he should be favourite or joint with Noland. War of Attrition still has too much to prove to me to be that short.

There's also the fact that The Listener has already beaten War of Attrition fair and square in similar conditions (albeit over 3m)

Good finish but felt that The Listener was a little unlucky, he made a bad mistake and still only just failed. Good run from Noland too to take such a big prize - Ryanair beckoning?

Good call Irish. I like all 3 of the horses, hard to back anything here. I think War ran fine, nothing amiss just tired in the mud and his jumping began to fall apart a little.

Credit where it's due - Thomas could have done something silly when The Listener went so far clear but kept his head.

Think they will be pretty happy with WOA. Got beat in that race at his best behind In Compliance and just got out paced in his first serious race. Probably not the horse he was but a decent performer still.

Noland really should be running in the King George this season but his trainer clearly does not want him to clash with Kauto Star.

Wouldn't say that WOA isn't the horse he was just yet Gal. It was his third run back and the first time he's really had a race, no shame in coming third to Noland and The Listener over a trip short of his best.

Wouldn't say that WOA isn't the horse he was just yet Gal. It was his third run back and the first time he's really had a race, no shame in coming third to Noland and The Listener over a trip short of his best.

Yeah thats fair enough, certainly achieved more today that in either of his other two outings.

Each way money covered stake however mightly impressive performance by Noland on ground I thought he would not partically have liked.

Back