Early Cheltenham Prices

Guest_

At the Start
Coral's have opened their books on some of the novice races at Cheltenham already today....anything catch the eye or notable absentees?

Supreme Novices

Cork All Star 12/1
Sizing Africa 16/1
Theatrical Moment 16/1
Alfie Flits 20/1
Zilcash 20/1
Spectait 25/1
Aigie D'or 33/1
Fiveforthree 33/1
Kid Charlemagne 33/1
Mad Fish 33/1
Massasoit 33/1
Quintana 33/1
Woolcombe Folly 33/1
Blue Bajan 40/1
Marleybow 40/1
Your Sum Man 40/1

Arkle Trophy

Afsoun 10/1
Glencove Marina 16/1
Noland 16/1
Acambo 20/1
Aran Concerto 20/1
Big Buck's 20/1
De Soto 20/1
Desert Quest 20/1
Nicanor 20/1
Osana 20/1
Predateur 20/1
Tidal Bay 20/1
Wins Now 20/1
Arcalis 25/1
Mr Nosie 25/1
Scotsirish 25/1
Kicks For Free 33/1
Mister Hight 33/1
Pauillac 33/1
Pedrobob 33/1
Shouldhavehadthat 40/1

Ballymore Novices Properties Novices Hurdle

Aranleigh 16/1
Mick The Man 16/1
Bergo 25/1
Elusive Dream 25/1
Kealshore Boy 25/1
Shirley Casper 25/1
Sophocles 25/1
Steady Tiger 25/1
Woodbine Willie 25/1
Bellamy Cay 33/1
I Hear A Symphony 33/1
Pangbourne 33/1
Scavenger 33/1
Swaythe 33/1
Theatre Girl 33/1
Shipmaster 40/1

Royal SunAlliance Chase
Black Harry 14/1
Silverburn 14/1
Tidal Bay 14/1
Aran Concerto 16/1
Nicanor 16/1
Chief Dan George 20/1
Money Trix 20/1
Nevada Royale 20/1
Air Force One 25/1
Arrive Sir Clive 25/1
Imperial Commander 25/1
Mark The Book 25/1
Travino 25/1
Albertas Run 33/1
Bedlam Boy 40/1
Johnnie Dillinger 50/1

Triumph Hurdle

Prince Erik 20/1
Temlett 20/1
Indian Blood 25/1
Soliya 25/1
Diamant Rose 33/1
Hypnotic Vibes 33/1
Indicible 33/1
Paco Jack 33/1
Qrackers 33/1
Tinagoodnight 33/1
Franchoek 40/1
Gentleman Jeff 40/1
Queen Althea 40/1
Sam Lord 40/1
Fushe Jo 50/1
Silmi 100/1

Havent seen any of them jump yet....although I would have Acambo as fav for the Arkle and Theatrical Moment as fav for the Supreme Novices.

Wins Now would interest me for the Arkle provided his trainer hasn't messed him up with his last few runs of last season.

Would imagine those prices on the Meade horses is as much to do about which race they will run in (and of course if Nicanor makes a full recovery). The Irish novice and beginners chases should be so competitive this year.

Last year was my first year of serious ante-post betting, and I got 6/1 Denman, thanks to Brian who knew which race he was going for... but I probably lost more than I won on those ap bets from backing horses for races they didn't run in, and from horses getting injured or killed and never making the race. So I'm going to be a lot more circumspect this season.

A piece of advice, Silverburn will not be aimed at the Sun Alliance Chase and won't be aimed for the race. The Dewson or the Ryanair will be his aim and he will stick to Soft ground and 2m 4f.

The Sun Alliance is not an option connections are looking at.

Originally posted by tdk+Sep 29 2007, 07:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tdk @ Sep 29 2007, 07:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Shadow Leader@Sep 28 2007, 06:58 PM
Zilcash isn't eligible for the Supreme Novices'.
No reason then. Thought not :laughing:[/b][/quote]

Presumably because he won a novice before the cut off point to remain a novice this season (30th April at Towcester).

Franchoek would be of interest in the Triumph,hopefully he'll take the first step to Cheltenham glory at Market Rasen today.

Was the cut off point not the end of last year's NH season then Arkwright?

That would have been the Betfred Gold CUp day - 28th April? I'm happy to stand corrected if this isn't the case, but I think Zilcash's win came on the second day of the new season.

any horse that wins after the last championship novices race can run as a novice this season,

hence why patman du charmill could run in a novice chase teh other day and had already won mid april

any novice race after aintree's grade 1 novice hurdle doesnt count against novice status, at least thats what a local trainer said to me.

any horse that wins after the last championship novices race can run as a novice this season,

Not quite correct. A horse is classed as a novice this season if he did not win a race before April 29th 2007.
However, if a horse broke his novice tag between (and including) March 1st and April 28th 2007, he can still run in novice races October 31st 2007.

Did I ever mention ante-post is for eejits ?

Anyway if you must here's one to add to the Triumph Hurdle list according to the RP

CELESTIAL HALO, seventh in the Ladbrokes St Leger 15 days ago, has joined champion jumps trainer Paul Nicholls to be aimed at the Triumph Hurdle for his new owner, Andy Stewart.

The top jumps owner bought the son of Galileo in a private deal out of the Barry Hills stable this week.

Stewart said: “He was gelded on Tuesday and his main target is to win the race I always seem to finish sixth in – the Triumph!”

Celestial Halo may have only won a maiden but he will lay claim to be the classiest recruit to jumping this winter as he was raised 10lb to a mark of 110 for his close-up finish behind Lucarno in the last Classic of the year.

His owner added: “The reason I bought him was his breeding stacks up to him making a two-mile performer and Paul seems to be pretty good at making the transition.

Being a 1m 6f on turf, surely he will want further than 2m over hurdles.

I normally look for 8-10f as 2 milers.

I'm amazed Luca Cumani's former inmate Topjeu isn't in the Surpeme List having been purchased for fortunes in July to go hurdling, he's a beast as well.

Stoute sends Regal Flush to the sales as well, so in theory the triumph is over, whoever buys this has bought the rights for this season's triumph winner. :+)

Back