Early Cheltenham Prices

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Oct 13 2007, 06:46 PM
It's beside the point whether or not they were better over longer trips - your post heavily inferred that bumper winners can't win races over obstacles at 2m. You named him as a great lay as "all bumper winners are is future 3m chasers"! Even though there is some truth in that, it doesn't stop bumper winners winning at 2m over obstacles, which was my point! :P
Okay, but I'm not saying you were right because your head is big enough :P

I will rephrase to say the MAJORITY of Bumper winners want 3m.

Another similar point can be made when analysing two year old races, 'they' dismiss certain horses saying that such and such must need further ..... based on the fact that the sire was a mile and six horse, forgetting that it wasnt a mile and six horse as a two year old when it won over 7.
Mongs.

What do we make of the mares only race they`re introducing at the next Festival? Will it be competitive?

Is Straw Bear going over fences this season? I see he`s still around 28s in the Champion market.

I'll stick up for Tony Elves there and put it down to a lack of sub editing. Such silly errors shouldn't but do happen. The number of times I've refereed to Nunthorpe winner Kingsgate Prince but had someone to change it for me is astounding!

Speaking of gaffes, the worse I can remember was totesport coming up with a Triumph Hurdle book after the Ebor one year and making 4yo Gold Ring their favourite. They apologised a few days later and offered those that had backed the horse their money back and a free bet. Can't blame them really, I can;t iamgine many of those accounts showed a profit!

I'd hazard a guess that you're not a journalist who is paid to know what he is talking about and is a supposed expert in their field though DJ - that's the difference.

Id hazard a guess, SL, that you know shag all about the processes an article goes through before it appears in print

Clearly not BJ - it's still sloppy not to know your subject though. Sorry, is all the gratis alcohol provided with the free lunches supposed to be a valid excuse?

My point, SL, is that lazy sub editors are capable of doing anything. One thing that happens commonly is that they put articles through an auto correct system accidentally, whereby words that don't essentially exist such as - in the sense that they are names like - 'Maguire' get replaced by actual words that are very close to them such as, well, Magic. This has been known to happen frequently.

Originally posted by Arkwright@Oct 13 2007, 03:18 PM
Took a bit of 50's on Franchoek this morning for the Triumph so happy to see him get back on track at Chepstow.
I dunno why but it's always a race I try and find an improving 3 year old from the flat for that I can back ante post.
Got lucky with Spectroscope and Detroit City so lets hope Franchoek follows suit.

Cork All Star made a winning debut over hurdles today (didn't see it) and we saw an impressive display by Gawanko in the 4 year old race at Chepstow.

Theatrical Moment about to run and a good two days about to come at Cheltenham so things warming up nicely now.
Muust admit the way Franchoek's form was working out I wondering whether he was any good or not but today gave me hope that he could be the real deal.
However there is along way to go til March and we have yet to see the likes of Celestial Halo,The Grey Berry,Metaphoric and Tatenen over hurdles yet.

As you rightly say Arkers, the Triumph is just about the most volatile market of the lot, but if its of any consolation he ran a pretty good figure with me today. Last year Katchit was all out to win this race, Franceok has done it in a time I think was about 8.5L's faster. He'll need to find another 10L's to run a typical Triumph mark, but he's on a schedule to sugest he's up to it.

Nicky Henderson's Tinagoodnight won well at Kempton last time, Franchoek has her on the Callisto Moon form but she couldn't have won too much easier in that race. Looking forward to seeing her back again and she runs in the Punjabi colours I believe.

I've been fooled by that as well Martin.
The Kelvin Hughes colours (that the likes of Tinagoodnight and Chomba Womba run in) are very similar to Raymond Tooths (owner of Punjabi).

Franchoek back on track today winning the Finale at Chepstow,on paper the strongest juvenile race of the season so far (not traditionally a good trial for the Triumph though).
Was at Wetherby today and saw a nice performance by Furmigadelagiusta, might be one to keep an eye out for.
Still yet to see Celestial Halo and The Grey Berry over hurdles,so certainly not counting my chickens yet.

Originally posted by Arkwright@Dec 28 2007, 12:04 AM
Franchoek back on track today winning the Finale at Chepstow,on paper the strongest juvenile race of the season so far (not traditionally a good trial for the Triumph though).
Was at Wetherby today and saw a nice performance by Furmigadelagiusta, might be one to keep an eye out for.
Still yet to see Celestial Halo and The Grey Berry over hurdles,so certainly not counting my chickens yet.
I'm a big fan of Furmigadelagiusta ~ saw him win in bad ground at Newbury in July (Headstrong got a glass of champagne out of it) and marked him down as the type to take to hurdles.

Ah yes! I remember it well.... :luv:

Finally had a small e/w on Franchoek for the Triumph @ 8/1 after his win today, hoping that might look like value come the day... AK does like winning this race! Tatenen looked quite useful too

Back