Ebor 2024

Cheers Sim, will do. It's been emotional.

A few too many beers and I start letting off steam.

If I'm going to disagree with people I prefer to do so with a degree of courtesy and respect.

Everybody's opinion is valid regardless of how much I disagree with it. Fine horse though EGS was, he was, at best, a 125 horse at a mile. Frankel was at least 140 at the trip.
I will respectfully totally disagree with you of course. 125 for a horse who hammered chief singer who then won the st james Palace by a street and the July cup. All about opinions and we will never know.

Back to City Of Troy...

This is Simon Rowlands's take and puts COT's performance into a historical perspective. I'm particularly interested in the idea that the race distance was shorter than past renewals and it makes a bit of a mockery (in my opinion) of that record time.

It also confirms what I said earlier, that Ghostwriter must have been close to the old track record. He did, in fact, beat it too.

And his concluding piece:

One takeout for me from this is his analysis of The Lion In Winter's stride pattern. I'll need seriously to think about cashing out my Derby bet and reinvesting it in the Guineas.

Glad I backed Kihavah each way. Ran a stormer. Hampered by the injured horse who died aswell I think.

I've finished the day nicely in profit.

I had no profit to report this week until today so very pleased.
Nice one mate.ive got kihavah and oneforthegutter in my alerts but didn't think they were good enough for an Ebor.

Back