Eclipse Stakes

JamesRB

Senior Jockey
7-4 The Fugue 3 Night Of Thunder 5 Verrazano 13-2 War Command 10 Kingston Hill 14 Mukhadram, True Story 25 Hillstar, Trading Leather, Tullius 66 Somewhat 250 Zanbucca
godolphin seem to think Trading Leather is going to run so I've taken the 25s e/w

After the way The Fugue won it doesn't take much imagination to work out why she is favourite.

I'm just wondering if SMS has had this in mind for Hillstar. Just something Frankie said about the way he worked before Ascot and how another horse had gone past him easily....maybe I just got a suspicious mind but he was never in with a chance against Telescope and ran a very good trial for his next race whether it be here or elsewhere.

Tanlic, do you realise you're suggesting a horse wasn't trying in a big race??

I don't know about you, but I'm certainly not allowed to suggest that...

FFS DO, Batallion went off a well backed 9/4 jolly! There's a difference between implying a jockey went easy to see what the ground was for his later mount and implying a horse might not have been fully fit. Not much would have lived with Telescope that day, he ran to 126, none of Hillstar's form is anywhere near that!

I thought Luke was being harsh calling you a pocket talker to be honest but I've revised my original opinion now!

The Fugue ran a stinker in this last year after a fine effort at Ascot. Enough to take her on? I'm not sure.

The Fugue ran a stinker in this last year after a fine effort at Ascot. Enough to take her on? I'm not sure.
was found ill after that race iirc. she does chuck in the odd bad one but she's a worthy fave if the ground is quick. 2/1+ wouldn't be terrible.

I think Gosden came up with a genuine excuse for the run though
Mucus on the lungs possibly?
Strong bet for me anyway.

Correct fonz. Fancied her strongly that day too. Glad she set the record straight.

Night of Thunder a fascinating contender. Will be interesting to see if the race cuts up .

Dessie-get down off the cross we need the wood.

:)

Just telling it like it is, Luke.

Just cos I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

I'm really disappointed Galileo never came back to clear the air on this matter. He PMd me and asked me to aftertime as much as possible because it was annoying so many people, so I obliged to keep up the prank. It has backfired on me but he fukced off.

The people who know me best know what's what, though, including some regulars on here who never come on to defend me, something that saddens me a bit and makes me think about how I should go forward.

SteveM reported he had something like seven winners from eight bets and not a word was said.

It's like the old joke about the highlander who planned the local town, built all the local roads, built all the boats in the harbour and scaped (is that a word?) all the land around. No-one called him the townplanner or roadbuilder or boatbuilder or landscaper. "But one fukcing sheep. One fukcing sheep..."

I aftertimed once or twice because within my family we often phone each other up in the evening and ask how the day's betting went. We exchange news good and not so good, congratulate and comiserate each other. I misjudged the sensitivities of people on here who I can only assume must be losers to get so tetchy if someone says they've had a bit of luck.

I said I wondered - no stronger than that - if Moore perhaps used Battalion to rule out the far side of the track because he thought he had a better chance of winning on Garswood in the next race, having come down the opposite side in earlier races. Garswood ran a totally honest race down the centre but couldn't quite manage the win. I was seized upon for the suggestion.

Tanlic makes a similar suggestion and nothing happens.

O'Brien often runs one in a classic to prepare it for another G1.

It's clear people want me off this forum.

Last edited:
DO, I can see that you might think that people seem to be jumping on all your posts at the moment but I don't think for a minute that anyone would want you off the forum.

Haha ...keep posting, Dessie! You don't want the old marble complex mate.
I've missed all the action as have been down London on a rampage which I thoroughly enjoyed, managed to stay out of the bookies too, (well...apart from a quickie in Stamford Hill waiting for a friend).

Agree with Frankel on Kingston Hill, I'd be more than happy to take 10's were he confirmed.

Last edited:
:)

The people who know me best know what's what, though, including some regulars on here who never come on to defend me, something that saddens me a bit and makes me think about how I should go forward.

i beg your pardon..but i defended you on the football thread to the point of probably isolating mesen even more on here...and thats the thanks i get:blink:

With little rain forecast until Saturday afternoon/evening the ground would probably be too quick for him. Needs 12f+ imo, anyway.

Hence why I said 'if' he lines up.
With the pace in the race, I don't think the trip will be an issue.

i beg your pardon..but i defended you on the football thread to the point of probably isolating mesen even more on here...and thats the thanks i get:blink:

Really sorry if I missed that, EC1. I only check the thread periodically without looking all the way back through it.

Dessie-do you really believe I have it in for you or I'm part of some conspiracy-I think you got it wrong about Battalion and said so- I've got it badly wrong on here plenty of times.

If you say you don't Luke I'll take it in good faith and apologise for thinking you were one of quite a number who seem very quick to pounce on anything 'different' I choose to post.

Let me give you an example, though.

I don't know how long Brendanr has been on here but he strikes me as a comparatively recent recruit, in which case he can have no knowledge of the background to the aftertiming issue. Yet he was in as quick as a shot not long back to take me to task for aftertiming yet again, or words to that effect, when I'm not even sure I did aftertime.

To balance things out, I did notice Brendanr express surprise at how 'brutal' some of the folk on here are towards me. It doesn't seem to have made them think about their actions but I thank him for pointing it out to them.

I send emails out to a number of people, a good few of whom are on here, with my ratings and thoughts. Sometimes I lose track of when I've put the selections up here or just in the emails so if I happen to mention a winner I'm automatically aftertiming but as I said earlier, a good few people know I'm not.

If the easiest way is to stop sending those friends the emails then I might do that and go it completely alone but I'm more of a mind to quit this place rather than alienate more people.

Back