Eclipse Stakes

If I am talking shite on here or in person, I don't mind people telling me so and likewise, I will tell others if they are. You were officially talking shite about Batallion.

Do people seriously get so hung up over a horseracing forum and how people behave towards one another on it? I'd go for a walk or something DO, hardly the end of the world is it?!

DO

You aren't alienating everyone...you have gone a lot about this Battalion thing like;)..it just seemed a bit overdone as if to show that Ryan Moore made a mistake..maybe he did maybe he didn't..but every rider makes them...i think he was a victim of circumstance tbh.

I been watching Moore lately and imo his sense of where to be in a race in 90% of his rides is usually spot on..he is very pace savvy...which i really like in a jockey.

The after timing stuff...i think one or two here wait for you to mention a horse after its run and make a deal out of it..its nothing more than that...many people after time on here..and nothing is said..i agree. There is a certain amount of arse licking goes off obviously..as in everyday life..ie someone can put up a 14/1 winner and get bugger all response...whereas someone else can put up a 6/4 chance and have their arse licked afterwards by folk who would never ever congratulate a form read selection..its a bias thing..nothing to get bothered about.

I sometimes think you put stuff up to get a response tbh..i might wrong in that but it has crossed my mind;)..not having a go at you by the way.

Just chill a bit mate..its only a forum on the internet...thats rich coming from me int it?:lol:

Last edited:
...you have gone a lot about this Battalion thing like;)..it just seemed a bit overdone as if to show that Ryan Moore made a mistake..maybe he did maybe he didn't..but every rider makes them...i think he was a victim of circumstance tbh.

I felt obliged to defend my appraisal of that one , poor (imo) Moore ride because of the tone of response to what I thought was a fairly innocent observation. As you say, they all get it wrong sometimes, sometimes badly so. Buick, for example, is the most inconsistent jockey I can think of right now. Sometimes he is utterly brilliant and at others I am completely dumbfounded by his tactics.

I was just pointing out that for all his brilliant rides at Ascot and elsewhere he is still capable of getting one badly wrong, which I still think he did on Battalion. I wasn't expecting people to come back and tell me in quite such an aggressive tone that I might be wrong. I know I might be wrong.

The after timing stuff...i think one or two here wait for you to mention a horse after its run and make a deal out of it..its nothing more than that....

It is when you're on the receiving end of abuse.

many people after time on here..and nothing is said..i agree.

I don't think many people do aftertime on here and I would say any occasion when I do is pretty rare in the big scheme of things, but others seem to go largely uncommented on.

I sometimes think you put stuff up to get a response tbh..i might wrong in that but it has crossed my mind;)..not having a go at you by the way.

Maybe to spark discussion but not to be controversial or antagonistic. That's not in my nature, to be frank. I'm not averse to retaliating if I feel unjustifiably criticised. That is in my nature! :lol:

Just chill a bit mate..its only a forum on the internet...thats rich coming from me int it?:lol:

But (imo) a forum should be no different to a discussion over a pint in the pub with the mates. Hear each other out, have a bit of banter, a bit of slagging but avoid nastiness.

It seems a good number of people on here use this forum (and presumably others) to stir things up. I just find that so pointless but they want to make it so personal.

It just isn't the way it should be (imo).

its not a perfect world DO..forums can replicate real life...and sometimes in real life someone ends up being the butt of jokes..its not that important in great scheme of things

anyway..back to the racing chat eh?

Last edited:
it looks like it will be very fast ground come Saturday..so Kingston Hill is a no no no..and imo War Command.

don't like verrazano at the trip

I think The Fugue will cruise it and beat NOT by a couple or 3 lengths

I aftertimed once or twice because within my family we often phone each other up in the evening and ask how the day's betting went.

I don't want another charge of bullying from EC nor do I see why anyone should leave the forum but this part made me chuckle over my coffee! :D

I think anyone who has been on this forum for longer than five minutes will know , whether DO occasionally after times , (as we all do ! ) he has for many a moon put up his ratings on here or has sent them out by e-mail ( albeit I appear to have been deleted from the e-mail list):ninja:

He has often been very right and well in advance ! Who for example told us Rooster Booster was going to win the CH after the Greatwood ! :D

His views and ratings are always illuminating even if you disagree with them and long may he continue posting them here and elsewhere !

Last edited:
Meanwhile , why is True Story so short ? Wins the Feilden which although often throwing up good horses also throws up spring glories who go nowhere .

Appeared one paced in the Dante and outclassed in the Derby ( now they say he did not handle the track ) - yet 14-1 surely should be 40-1 ???

I think anyone who has been on this forum for longer than five minutes will know , whether DO occasionally after times , (as we all do ! ) he has for many a moon put up his ratings on here or has sent them out by e-mail ( albeit I appear to have been deleted from the e-mail list):ninja:

He has often been very right and well in advance ! Who for example told us Rooster Booster was going to win the CH after the Greatwood ! :D

His views and ratings are always illuminating even if you disagree with them and long may he continue posting them here and elsewhere !
Spot on.

One question, hopefully not controversial or misconstrued...

What the phuck is so bad about after timing anyway? Should you make sure you hit tapa-talk first if you do an impulse tenner in the bookies? If you don't declare your bet in advance on this forum you cannot speak of it forever??

Makes no sense to me.

(Had a double yesterday on both games to draw at the end of normal time, btw.)

Last edited:

Cheers, Ardross. Just to set the record straight, it was after the race before the Greatwood when he beat Mr Cool at Kempton. :) IIRC we watched him p1ss up in the Greatwood in the Arkle Bar or somewhere close by.

Thanks to archie too for the endorsement.

One question, hopefully not controversial or misconstrued...

What the phuck is so bad about after timing anyway? Should you make sure you hit tapa-talk first if you do an impulse tenner in the bookies? If you don't declare your bet in advance on this forum you cannot speak of it forever??

Makes no sense to me.

(Had a double yesterday on both games to draw at the end of normal time, btw.)

As ever, the voice of reason :)

I talked myself out of a very substantial return last night. Looking for an 'angle' on the USA game I checked the total corners. Ladbrokes were the only firm going 13+ (something like 20/1) and I was sorely tempted for the sake of an interest but then the inner voice said, 'don't be daft, the consensus elsewhere is between 6 and 10 and they have statisticians working on this stuff so save your money...'

And the rest, as Charlie Nicholas would say, is geography.

(Does it count as an aftertime when you didn't make the bet?)

I personally find after timing a pointless bore and as soon as i realize that's what i'm reading i move on to next post.

there is nothing wrong with it but its about as appealing to me as watching a re run of the Black & White Minstrel show.

I backed 3 winners yesterday at 20/1 a piece.........zzzzzzzzzzz

i'm not seeing much love for NOT at a distance his followers swear he will be near on unbeatable at...seem to have lost their confidence:)

Last edited:
As ever, the voice of reason :)

I talked myself out of a very substantial return last night. Looking for an 'angle' on the USA game I checked the total corners. Ladbrokes were the only firm going 13+ (something like 20/1) and I was sorely tempted for the sake of an interest but then the inner voice said, 'don't be daft, the consensus elsewhere is between 6 and 10 and they have statisticians working on this stuff so save your money...'

And the rest, as Charlie Nicholas would say, is geography.

(Does it count as an aftertime when you didn't make the bet?)

There's no way Ladbrokes were offering 20/1 for 13+ corners, you might have been looking at the 17+ market, Ladbrokes are one of the few to offer this and incidentally it still would've won as there were 20 corners in 90 minutes.

As for the Eclipse, Hillstar caught the eye last time and might be a decent play in the w/o The Fugue and possibly w/o the front 2 market come raceday.

If you're sure about that Steve, I'll take your word. I just remember thinking I'd be close to landing the bet by half-time. Maybe I misread the table at oddschecker. 13 definitely sticks in my mind.

I personally find after timing a pointless bore and as soon as i realize that's what i'm reading i move on to next post.

there is nothing wrong with it but its about as appealing to me as watching a re run of the Black & White Minstrel show.

I backed 3 winners yesterday at 20/1 a piece.........zzzzzzzzzzz

i'm not seeing much love for NOT at a distance his followers swear he will be near on unbeatable at...seem to have lost their confidence:)

After timing's sad - deliberately misquoting despicable.

I currently have €1,400 staked on a rick with Ladbrokes that is still available. I'll tell you's bastards when I have an obscene amount of cash stuffed in a bag from collecting around the Dublin and Cork shops.

Last edited:
Andrea is jocked up in the 5.15 at Haydock on Saturday on a Sheikh Obaid horse....even in a heli that's not doable from Sandown. Hedging his bets or assuming KH doesn't run? He is retained by Obaid.

Back