Edward Woodward RIP

Sad news indeed.

The Equalizer remains a favourite with me, and I thought The Wicker Man was excellent, too, even if I was disturbed by it.

RIP.

my very fav was Callan..watched it religiously as a youngster..he will always be Callan for me..bit like Roger Moore will always be the Saint rather than Bond

seemed a nice guy away from the roles as well..RIP

selfish mode...another little bit of of our own past life disappears forever

Yes, that's right, EC1 - he will stay forever the younger version in our memories, as Roger Moore will. He'd had quite a lot of health problems some years back, I think - heart trouble, if I can remember that correctly.

Callan was a bit before my time & I have never watched Wicker Man although it has a bit of a cult following now,

I saw him being interviewed on tv last year with his wife (michele doltrice) & he really didn't look very well then

Does anyone know why he had four "D"s in his name.......?

He told a wonderful story about his first meeting with Sir John Gielgud. When told his name, Sir John threw his hands in the air and said "Edward Woodward. Dear boy, what a wonderful name! It sounds like a fart in the bath."

EW was very fond of that story to judge by the way he told it. A fine actor. RIP.

Back