Enable

fonz

At the Start
Not sure if anybody noticed but
She won yesterday and it was quite a good race....

Its thIt's the way the forum has gone nowadays I suppose, a pale shadow of its thriving former self- and I'm as guilty as anybody for not posting anymore.

On Enable - she never wins by much but is clearly tough as hell. Hope she doesn't break Frankel's record though.

Do we think she is being kept in training so long due to Khalid Abdullahs scaling back of his racing and breeding operations?

On Enable - she never wins by much but is clearly tough as hell. Hope she doesn't break Frankel's record though.

Do we think she is being kept in training so long due to Khalid Abdullahs scaling back of his racing and breeding operations?

No. Had an interrupted season last year and going for a third Arc. If she hadn't won the second, I think they would have retired her.

Loved how Dettori was always confident that she had Crystal Ocean's measure and won snugly. The way she zoomed up to Crystal Ocean was the sign of a really special horse. One of the great races.

Yes; don't tend to get emotional about flat racing very often but I was in tears yesterday. Strangely enough it's often the flat racemares that make me feel that way; Treve, Zenyatta, Ouija Board etc.

One hell of a mare ridden by as good a jockey as we are likely to see.
Frankie hit the mare only once and then kept her going hands and heels.
Prince Abdulla has had more top class horses to runners over the past forty years than any other large scale owner .
Delighted to be alive for such events.

Its thIt's the way the forum has gone nowadays I suppose, a pale shadow of its thriving former self- and I'm as guilty as anybody for not posting anymore.

Last year's jumps forum was very quiet too

It is a worry as I've learned more on here than I could in 100 lifetimes out of here

In terms of rankings for someone who doesn't study the flat

How does she compare to what is know as the best flat horses

Frankel
Sea the Stars
Galileo

Frankel

Sea The Stars

Montjeu, Peintre Celebre, Daylami

Galileo, Enable, Treve

She's third tier. Like, when Montjeu won his King George he did it on the bridle and the second that day (Fantastic Light) would have been of similar merit to Crystal Ocean.

She has a cracking CV. Performance clearly needs to be taken in to account aswell though.
She is clearly a top class mare though.

Last edited:
Frankel

Sea The Stars

Montjeu, Peintre Celebre, Daylami

Galileo, Enable, Treve

She's third tier. Like, when Montjeu won his King George he did it on the bridle and the second that day (Fantastic Light) would have been of similar merit to Crystal Ocean.

The Brig, Dancing Brave?

Shouldnt Enable be rated in the same grade as Sea of Class and Crystal Ocean. Extra greatness brownie points for consistency at such a high level, but not sure how much that buys you.

She ain't done yet! Like STS, she only does what she has to; maybe a 3rd Arc win would finally convince those dullard handicappers they've under-rated her.

That was quite a thrashing she gave Magical yesterday. I suspect Dettori’s Emotional response was a mixture of knowing he is close to the end of his career , that he will only ride her in a race once more and that her performance yesterday was more like the old electric Enable than the only doing just enough mare of the Eclipse and KG.

Back