Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Fame And Glory, winner of the Irish Derby and Ascot Gold Cup in a career that included five Group 1 wins, has died at the age of 11

Traditionally, yes ! Otherwise there's too great a chance of the foal being early ( I'm sure that's not the only reason but I don't know enough about that side of things to know the practicalities of any other reason for it ) it's always been Valentine's Day as day one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A very under-rated racehorse with an all too short a stud career.

Nobody's pleased that he's dead, but he covered at least 1000 mares, an insane number for an unproven stallion, that must be around 700 foals, far more than eg St Simon, Hyperion, Nearco or Bold Ruler ever managed.

We don't even know whether he's going to be any good as a sire, they might all turn out to be wheezing cripples. Has he had any runners yet?

May have been, not sure what correct word for them is, but a 'teaser' mare just to get him back in the mood/try him out before starting properly.

Must have been - I'm just nosey enough to want to know if it was a pony or a tb !! ( I don't know if there are any special dispensation for timing if a mare surprises you with a season a few days early?) where's Miesque when I need her?!

Must have been - I'm just nosey enough to want to know if it was a pony or a tb !! ( I don't know if there are any special dispensation for timing if a mare surprises you with a season a few days early?) where's Miesque when I need her?!

Many moons again in a galaxy far far away, when I worked at a large stud, there was a coloured mare who belonged to the Bloodstock manager who used to visit before the covering season started as she was the 'test' mare for one particular stallion , who was basically a nervous wreck in everything he did, and she was the most placid thing ever. She would come back to foal down and be used as a foster mare if needed. The BM's sons used to ride the offspring.

Beg to Differ fatally injured sadly. RIP

Superb Story misses Cheltenham and Ch'tibello only 50-50

Pelvis injury I saw on Facebook, but ok. Hopefully nothing sinister will come to light as time goes on and he can enjoy his retirement - lovely horse

Last edited:
Back