Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

London Prize pts after that fall in the Greatwood. Thoughts with all connections
RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought it looked bad but was hoping for good news, sadly not to be :(

RIP London Prize and thoughts with all his connections.

Sad for all connections but especially London Prize no doubt made worse for them by the fact it was a change of plan and Ian Williams originally ruled it out after the Elite Hurdle .

Flemenstar retired, didn't quite fulfill the promised potential but his novice and second season chasing career was an exciting time, that Lexus was one of the great races and what a jumper of a fence he was too, Good times :)

Ah bless me dear heart. In his 18 months of fame he captured the publics heart like Danoli did.

out in one piece anyway. Him, cue card and Sprinter. Nice era indeed

Many happy memories

Collier Bay, winner of the 1996 Champion Hurdle, has passed away after a long and "contented" retirement. RIP.

Last edited:
Ah bless me dear heart. In his 18 months of fame he captured the publics heart like Danoli did.

out in one piece anyway. Him, cue card and Sprinter. Nice era indeed

Many happy memories

I was at Aintree for that Melling Chase- Sprinter followed by Cue Card followed by Flemenstar and not to forget dear old Finians Rainbow with McCoy on board behind them :whistle:

I wonder if Flemmo had gone to Mullins when he was taken off Peter Casey whether things would have been different

I hope that Flemenstar and Mrs Casey both enjoy a long and happy retirement from more strenuous duties.

Flemenstar was a cracking horse; i was present for most his Novice runs as In Bloom was giving me a taste of the high life at the time.
Felt sorry for Peter Casey when the horse was removed but that is racing.
Happy happy memories; best wishes to all.
Collier Bay gave Brad/Jim Old/Wally Sturt their day in Champion Hurdle sun so bless them all.

Back