Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

And Alpha Centuri

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aware that she was considered a bit better than most before she ran, I have followed her amazing career very closely, probably more than I have any flat horse for many years. Pictures of her are screensavers or wallpaper on my phone and computers.
When she started to glide away from the field in the Coronation it was exhilarating and one of the most memorable performances I have seen in all the years I have watched racing.
I feel sorry for her connections and hope they will ensure she has a good retirement.

Last edited:
It’s always sad when we lose one, but some hit harder than most as we all know. Lisa and I have been friends for what feels like forever - and she’s lost her best mate. Sad doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel for her. RIP Dougan
c95410be3aa835052fb1683d44798cb1.png

Awwww thats a shame, got a soft spot for Dougan a real trier n been backing him lately finishing just short of places. What happened, looked to be getting into shape last run ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Awwww thats a shame, got a soft spot for Dougan a real trier n been backing him lately finishing just short of places. What happened, looked to be getting into shape last run ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I dont know - hopefully it was quick and as painless as possible, Lisa loved him like I loved happy hussar, and is a similar amount devisitated at the moment so I can’t ask yet. Very sad :(

Alisier D'Irlande has passed away following his last outing. Shame, very talented horse who I don't think we saw the best of.

Real shame. Like most of Hen’s at the time, was an exemplary jumper, and as touch and game as they come.

Gutted about Charles Aznavour as well, tbh!

Dear old Edredon Bleu- what a great and valiant horse he was and a wonderful jumper of a fence . Difficult to split his QMCC and King George wins . I recall Lord H on here having had a good bet on Tieutchev in the KG yet admitting to cheering EB home to hold him off . That is the sort of horse he was . Thanks for the memories .

Old CA seems to have lived a very full life to the end - apparently he was not long back from a tour of Japan and was due to start another tour in Paris in November - way to go I reckon.

Godolphin Melbourne Cup hope, Hamada fractured a hind leg today during a gallop and was pts. :(

Back