Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

HC was one hell of a horse, unlucky not to bag a Grade 1.
Highly rated on the flat, over hurdles and fences, he was the horse of a lifetime for Shark and helped put Rachel Blackmore on the map.
Pity he was a head short of a Galway hurdle win as the exacta would have paid me tons more the other way !
Happy retirement pal.

Qatar Racing's Solindian, with Elliott after originally being with Willie, passed away as a result of his fall on hurdling debut.

Cocktails at Dawn, also with Elliott, sadly no more.

Qatar Racing's Solindian, with Elliott after originally being with Willie, passed away as a result of his fall on hurdling debut.

Cocktails at Dawn, also with Elliott, sadly no more.

Bargy Lady, four time winner for Oakroom and Whitewater Racing Syndicates has been retired after her chase win Saturday last.
But for being tidy she would have won much more but gave her enthusiastic group great days at the races.

Might be old news, but erstwhile dodgepot and all-round frustrating bast*ard L’Ami Serge, has been reported as out for season on Henderson’s Unibet blog.

Douvan lame, Mullins confident but you can pretty much rule him out till Cheltenham now. Interesting Mullins says lame on his good leg, suggesting to me that he has a bad one?

"I just sent him straight up to his usual vet. He informed me this morning that he is lame on his good leg. He has had trouble on his near fore previous, but he said he is actually sore on the other leg."

"Obviously any time a good horse is lame it is a concern, but we will know more in a day or two when we have all the tests done. I hope it is something that will only keep him out for a few days."

"I just sent him straight up to his usual vet. He informed me this morning that he is lame on his good leg. He has had trouble on his near fore previous, but he said he is actually sore on the other leg."

"Obviously any time a good horse is lame it is a concern, but we will know more in a day or two when we have all the tests done. I hope it is something that will only keep him out for a few days."

Heard the same last year and didn't see him till Cheltenham.

The problem may be the good leg takes more than it's share of weight to rest the problem leg, thus leading to problems in the good leg.
Apache's half sister fractured her pelvis, left side as a yearling.
When in training, she developed a mysterious bony swelling right hind pastern which settled with rest only to fracture during a routine canter this spring.
Big horses rarely have small problems due to their weight and size alas.
I hope they get him back to race fitness .

Without being morbid , for the affected stable what are the practicalities of dealing with a horse pts at a meeting - do they intern at the course? Transport back to stable n intern ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Without being morbid , for the affected stable what are the practicalities of dealing with a horse pts at a meeting - do they intern at the course? Transport back to stable n intern ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The racecourse deal with it usually, there is a local knacker waggon on site - or one of the many cremation companies will come for the carcass if the owner wants that done instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we found out he good he was when UDS ran him into the ground - good but not as good as hyped.

I do wonder if UDS is incredibly underrated*. He's probably one of my favourite horses in training at the moment [along with DingDing of course....]. * perhaps under appreciated is a better description...

Back