Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Will remember him this way - leading them home up that hill and with his ears pricked. Have a happy retirement old boy.

BigBucksGrandscrusMouradCrossKennonFiveforthree1.jpg

Great photo.

Hope he has the long and healthy retirement he deserves. He leaves behind memories of some great days.

Fab photo! Yes I hope he has a wonderful retirement, the old guard has truly changed now.

As for Dunguib, glad to hear he's retired, I agree he shouldn't have run.

Was very glad to hear that oscar whisky was hacked back to the gate.

Nx

A long and happy retirement to both Big Bucks and Dunguib - 2 of my favourites, also really pleased to hear Oscar Whisky was OK

Farewell Big Buck's....always enjoyed going off to the races just to see him...so beautiful, but nice to hear that he gets to stay with the people that love him the most, pleased for Rose who looks after him.

Dunguib...was so talented, off for 3 years, so pleased that he has been retired, not nice seeing him injured yet again.

Happy Retirements boys x

Big Buck's looked an absolute picture today and on the first circuit all seemed well but just as they went past the stand and out on to the second circuit STD gave him a nudge and he was never jumping with his usual wonderful fluency after that . Still stayed on gamely up the hill to see of Rule the World for fifth .

A great horse - undoubtedly the greatest stayer hurdler I have ever seen .

So pleased I had the honour of seeing Big Bucks close up at Aintree.
One of the best.
Have a happy retirement Sir

Bbc sport reported that Captain Conan returned to the stables unhurt. Anyone know the truth??

nx

Last edited by a moderator:
Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures 2014

Yes - was posted on the other thread. He was very sore after. I haven't asked after him today though - I don't speak too much to the ex these days!! don't know if anyone else has found anything out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
He has a fractured pelvis but fortunately it is not displaced. This would normally mean about a month's box rest is required.

His dad reckoned it was upper arm. He was holding his wrist but that's often the best way to hold your arm if you've done your collarbone.

Maybe Paddy Power should have a market on it...

I think all the jockeys should parade before the crowd after the second last race, wave, then be given a standing ovation.

Like a curtain bow at the end of a marvellous performance..:):):)

Better idea than the "Prestbury Cup" would make a nice tradition.

Last edited:
Hope he's ok - I'm sure he will be reassured that Alice plunkett is down there !! Hope he's not too badly hurt - head first into the road isn't fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dr must be watching every race McCoy rides in through his fingers, because lets face it, no other Jockey would be allowed to continue. They keep showing close ups of him grimacing with every motion he makes. Crazy if you ask me, could be doing untold damage to himself.

Back