Eyecatchers

Rayeburn

At the Start
Noticing the flashy chestnut Pancake running again today it put me in mind of other strikingly coloured horses. I recall Apachee Flower having unusual white splashes on her while the grey The Flying Phantom had a dark facial marking very similar to Laska De Thaix.

Can anyone tell me of other notable horses like this?

Welcome to the forum, Raye. I can't think of any, although my favourite flashy chestnut was Remainder Man.

Press Express who was with Mick Channon, Linda Perrett, Michael Bell, Richard Fahey and now with Christian Von De Recke is very flashy. Chestnut with 4 white socks up to his knees, big white face with flaxen mane and tail.

I know exactly what you mean Rayeburn, and I give you Philip Hobbs's Mounsey Castle who has a large white mark on his belly.

You'd struggle to beat Double Trigger in the flashy stakes, not least coupled with the flaxen mane and tail. Of course his temperament makes him more striking - he likes to rear up and spock out or have a good old buck too!

Oh yes, Double Trigger is a particular favourite of mine. I’m currently googling around and finding some stunning horses. Thanks for all the replies and thanks too for the welcomes, guys.

Garston Star [who ran for the village of East Garston outside Lambourn] has a half chestnut and half half white face, very striking. Pic of him in our TH photo archive somewhere, taken by Diminuendo. He now belongs to trainer Pat Murphy

Interestingly he was bought by Stan Moore, and I noticed last w/e that Stan has another in the new intake with a similar half white face

Double Trigger is a big favourite of mine too Rayeburn - it was great to see him at the stallion parade at Cheltenham last month. I've got one and he's so like his sire (minus the blaze and stockings) it's frightening almost!

Dangerus Precedent was a bright chestnut with a big white face and big white stockings - he was a lovely horse but boy, could he ever buck!!

Originally posted by Irish Stamp@Dec 9 2007, 03:20 PM
Kinsford Cowboy always stood out for me - not seen him in a while.
Know what you mean about Kinsford Cowboy - I saw him gallop at Nick Williams' open day in June 2006 and backed him for his debut at Worcester a couple of weeks later (he ran second at 12-1). He disappointed the next twice and was sold for just 1,100gns to a J Western at Doncaster sales in August of this year.

I could always spot him in midfield Mounty - with what appeared to be a flaxen mane and tail though I could be wrong. Hope he comes back to the track as he did show a lot of promise on his debut :)

My horse is by Minster Son, the majority of his offspring he threw in the same mould as himself. Big gangly chestnut beasts with white faces, white legs and big white belly patches!! Most of them had the same attitude as him too, very handy with the back end and teeth and can bronc for Britain!!

Thats my horse, he's got a bit of white on him, mainly his face.

kr015zv4.jpg

Typical Observatory.

( to be read in an authoratative, I know a thing-or-two manner, that suggests if you ask what a typical Observatory is you would be mocked for weeks )

Yeay !

I didnt even know the horse and Chris has told me he's ungenuine :P fancy falling for the old authoratative statement trick ! :xmassanta:

Kinsford Cowboy fans may be interested to know that he is currently on the West Country Point-to-Point circuit. He only ran once during the '07 season, finishing sixth of eight finishers in a thirteen-runner Maiden at Holnicote. He has already been given a few entries this season so is likely to be seen again fairly soon.

That's a relief HJ - I always fear for their fate when they sell for that little money

Nice to see your boy Chris! - he looks like he'd he'd enjoy propping up the bar with some farming types :P rather than doing too much hard work

Back