Eyecatchers

Tagula, a very fast and good-looking horse, is a good, solid sire who imparts plenty of pace into his offspring. Chris, your filly seems quite a nice, strong sort, although it's always hard to tell from a "non-posed" photo.

Even harder to tell about your young fella, SL! How is Double Trigger doing as a sire?

Double Trigger is doing increasingly well as a NH sire, Venusian. He's getting quite a lot of winners (Alan King has a lovely novice chaser of his, Trigger The Light) and a lot of them seem to have inherited his toughness. We've another DT in the yard and she is as tough as they come even though she isn't typical of him - she takes more after her damsire, Strong Gale. She's won 2 bumpers though and temperament wise she is very similar to my fella - they just want to get on with the job. They can get a bit fizzy but not dangerously so, they just love the game and want to get on with it which is an attitude I love.

I'd buy dozens more Double Triggers, and send mares to him!

I love to see photos of other people's horses! Chris, your filly is stunning and SL, would love to see a side on shot it you have one but can see he is a nice looking type too.

Keep us posted of their progress.

The only side on shots I have of him are horrendous - they were taken the day after I got him and he looks atrocious having had nothing done to him after 18 months in the field! Blame the photographer - despite promises, he didn't get any pictures of him when he looked superb and I was begging for photos on a daily basis......!!!

The photographer picks his moment.

Have to say the other Double Trigger isn't much like Strong Gale either, but I wouldn't expect you to remember him :P

The other Double Trigger has typical Strong Gale characteristics!!! I might not remember him, but I've seen plenty of Strong Gales that look like her!!!!!! :P
finger.gif

Originally posted by Venusian@Dec 11 2007, 09:15 PM
Tagula, a very fast and good-looking horse, is a good, solid sire who imparts plenty of pace into his offspring. Chris, your filly seems quite a nice, strong sort, although it's always hard to tell from a "non-posed" photo.

Even harder to tell about your young fella, SL! How is Double Trigger doing as a sire?
These are quiet old but not been down since she came back into work but she has filled out loads. Ven; she wasn't bred for speed depsite being a Tagula, She is from the same family as Bentleys Bush who was 3rd in the Star Stakes (7f) as a 2yo and is also related to Norton who was a fair 10f hanidcapper. Whats more exciting is she is closely related to Banket and Gull Nook who were high class fillies, this puts her in the same bloodline as Pentire. Her pedigree reads middle distance all the way through and I think she will get 10f in time but strikes us as a miler to start off with. She has always worked with a touch of class and for me I just want her to win as she has quite a decent pedigree and there is Black Type in the last 4 generations.

horses007fc0.jpg

starling002ed2.jpg

She's a nice sort, Chris.

Ven - although looking posed, the picture of my fella isn't quite! I'd just turned him out and took that in the middle of the initial loony attack having let him go, during which he galloped straight at me! (actually that was taken seconds before he landed in the 5ft perimeter ditch, having galloped straight at it flat out....)

Chris, yes, she doesn't look a sprinting type, but a nice sort nonetheless (not that I'm a great conformation judge). Are her pasterns rather long, or is that my eyesight?

It looks like she's got quite long pasterns, but then as I keep being told, in terms of "getting a tendon" that's quite good!! My lad is similar.

They are quite long but she is very well proportioned, and its only been weakness thus far, no lameness so no worries there, I think she wants cut as well as she has some stride on her;

I will be filming her work in 2 weeks so i will send you a link of her gallop Ven so you can see her stride for yourself.

Joffe's Run is pretty flashy from what I remember of her. Ran in a few good group races this year as a 2yo and bombed at the Breeders Cup meeting, no idea if she's staying over there as her owner is American but she's flashy anyway.

Double Trigger at the aforementioned stallion parade (which also included the likes of Kayf Tara, Bollin Eric, Beat All, Central Park, Erhaab, Norse Dancer, Sir Harry Lewis & Silver Patriarch).

DoubleTrigger3.jpg

DoubleTrigger-1.jpg

Your horses are gorgeous. I have a weakness for chestnuts especially.

Thanks Arkwright for posting those pics.

Gorgeous pics. Also notice Flowonlovelyriver (bolted to post in the 2006 Bumper) is entered again on Saturday - he too is pretty flashy :)

Seeing as everyone else is showing off their ponies.... its just a screenshot off him racing so doesn't really do him justice, cant see his belly spot!!!

Back