Eyecatchers

The Minstrel had a lot of white on him.

The Queen's stayer, Augustine, had an extraordinary amount of white on his legs and face. His full brother, the Yorkshire Cup and Goodwood Cup winner Apprentice, was pretty flashy too.

Here's my future star, lovely big filly, also plenty of white, this time my favourite colour, Oaks winner as well :rolleyes: . Goobler I will be amazed if you know this one's stallion.

starling003ch9.jpg

Neither of them Bestmate , but weird thing is, the Yearling of the Dam is by Daggers Drawn and he's a very dark, somewhat Black, if it were a colour.

Didn't know he was still alive Dom :laughing:, Looks like its gonna need to be solved by the Goobmeister, all you so called professionals seem baffled, even with all your years of experience, The man stood by the fence with a camera may be the only chance to unravel this Little puzzle.

Yep, she is a Tagula

She looks alot like Pentecost who was a good miler of his and she is actually distantly related to him as well.

Funnily enough, I'd already typed my post as:

"Ah, well I was going to guess Orpen, Elnadim or Tagula - it ain't any of them then!!!"

then I stuck Tagula in Google and got the airport up!

Yes, she does look like a Tagula and I agree, she does look like Pentecost. She's got "l'il curly-wurly ears" as a few mates of mine would say!

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Dec 11 2007, 07:27 PM
Funnily enough, I'd already typed my post as:

"Ah, well I was going to guess Orpen, Elnadim or Tagula - it ain't any of them then!!!"

then I stuck Tagula in Google and got the airport up!

Yes, she does look like a Tagula and I agree, she does look like Pentecost. She's got "l'il curly-wurly ears" as a few mates of mine would say!
What does that ears thing mean then? Is it good or bad?

She aint very little either, a good 16 hh and will get bigger. She is probably the nicest horse I've had and we hold her in high regard. She was too weak to run last season and just never stopped growing. We were gonna go for a Newbury conditions race first time out but she just needed a bit mroe time so we turned her out. She has done really well since and has just come back into work recently.

Hopefully we will get her out on the all weather in February sometime for a mile maiden, or ten furlong if we can find a race they will go a suitable pace.

After that it will be a case of wait and see but we have been patient with her for a reason. For me I want to breed from her in time so I have let her take all her time. The foal by Selkirk is a colt which has annoyed me as I only want fillies, so he will go to the yearling sales next year.

Be nice to see the pic of your Double Trigger horse Dom, post it up please.

Crikey, you'll annoy a few people Chris!!! Most people only want colts! Fair play to you.

The ears comment was neither bad nor good - she has distinctive ears with a curly bit at the top which I quite like. I've seen a few Bustinos with turned in ears, gives them a bit of character. Remember Red Blazer? He's got ears like that.

You can't really see his flashiness in this pic (the flaxen mane and tail are hidden!!) but here is my boy :

100_0642fiddledwith.jpg

He's a Double Trigger through and through - in mannerisms, the look in the eye, all sorts. Was knocked sideways when I saw Double Trigger again at Cheltenham last month! Hadn't seen him for years and the mannerisms and traits were identical to my fella's.

He looks just like a horrible Definite Article colt I used to ride called Khuzdar. Don't look up its form it will only depress you.

Nice looking horse from what you can see though; When is he due to grace the turf ?

At least it won!!!!! :laughing:

He won't be going on the flat anyway.

He's not as small as he looks - he's very narrow but fairly tall (c. 16.2hh) and rides like a big horse as he moves so well and has such a stride on him.

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Dec 11 2007, 08:13 PM
Crikey, you'll annoy a few people Chris!!! Most people only want colts! Fair play to you.
I want fillies, as I like pedigrees with middle distance black type in there and both the mares I have, are from Black type Dams.

I want fillies as I want to breed from all the offspring and the chances of getting a colt good enough to be a stallion is very low, so I want to offload colts and keep fillies.

Hmm, yes, potential broodmares are next on my shopping list.....!!!

And thanks for the kind words - although biased, I think he's grand!!!!

Back