Ferroli

cricketfan

At the Start
I'm filling with rage at the moment because of this joke of a company.

They are the manufacturers of my Nan's boiler. My Nan is a 93 year old lady who suffers from both breast cancer and a heart condition. She is lucky enough to still live at home, next door to my Mum. However she rarely leaves the house and needs the house to be at a constant temperature.

We took out a domestic contract with the above company,
one of the world's premier boiler manufacturers
to make sure that her boiler wouldn't let her down.

It was due to be serviced in October - an appointment that was cancelled as their engineers were too busy doing repairs
on the rare occasion something goes wrong

For safety reasons all boilers need regular servicing and should a fault ever develop, you will want a fast and efficient response to sort out the problem.

As it stands she is next door in front of a couple of halogen heaters, waiting not for an engineer, but for a phone call to tell her when an engineer will call !!!

We are concerned that the building will lose it's heat overnight. My Mum has called the company twice today to chase them up.

I will call them myself in half an hour to chase it up again.

Has anyone got any advice on what I can say to make them pull their overpaid fat fingers out of their corporate penny pinching arse and get an engineer out ?

Originally posted by simmo@Nov 23 2007, 05:50 PM
Mention newspapers.
Newspapers mean nothing to your average CSR unfortunately.

All I can say with regard to my dealings with this company this afternoon is that I hope none of you have a contract with them.

Al, Simmo's right. I had terrible problems with British Gas for months before I moved out to Gib; I wrote a sniffy letter to them and copied it to the local papers whilst telling them I'd done so. The paper got a journalist to ring them and threaten them also and within a day I had the boss from British Gas on the phone, giving me his direct line and telling me to contact him in future for anything at all. They came out and did the work as well.

Of course previous to that, you have to satisfy venting the anger by demanding to speak to the person in the building with the highest position and telling him what a complete bloody shower they are and asking what type of arseholes are they that they'll let an old woman freeze on what looks like being the coldest night of the year?

Good luck! :)

.....meanwhile, I've got home to discover our poxy hot water tank has blown up. I'll have to grit my teeth and endure a freezing cold shower......

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Nov 23 2007, 09:03 PM
Al, Simmo's right. I had terrible problems with British Gas for months before I moved out to Gib; I wrote a sniffy letter to them and copied it to the local papers whilst telling them I'd done so. The paper got a journalist to ring them and threaten them also and within a day I had the boss from British Gas on the phone, giving me his direct line and telling me to contact him in future for anything at all. They came out and did the work as well.

Of course previous to that, you have to satisfy venting the anger by demanding to speak to the person in the building with the highest position and telling him what a complete bloody shower they are and asking what type of arseholes are they that they'll let an old woman freeze on what looks like being the coldest night of the year?

Good luck! :)
Hey Shads

Right now, for us at least, the problem is immediate. Believe me when I say there is no doubt that I will be rolling out the heavy guns on this one, but right now the priority is making sure her house is warm enough.

From what I can make out from talking to one of their CSRs, the structure of their repairs procedure is thus:

1 - Customer phones call centre.
2 - Call Centre calls/messages 'local' engineer
3 - 'Local' Engineer calls customer within 2 working days to arrange a time to repair the boiler

Whether the engineers are freelance but with a Ferroli license or have bought the franchise for a certain area I'm not sure.
:rant: :rant:
That would make this company is just a middle man and, as far as a CSR is concerned, once a job is dished out it is now in the hands of a 'local' engineer. What they seem to fail to recognise is that we are not doing business with a 'local' engineer, but with them.
:rant: :rant: :rant:
With this in mind I don't think a CSR would give a flying feck whether I said anything about going to a paper. Her seniors had all finished for the day at that point - and given how long I was waiting on the phone, it wouldn't surprise me if they asked her to turn the lights off as she left.

Oh and I put the ' around 'local' as my Nan has just told me that the engineer who came out last year had driven all the way from Southend.

In fact I can just imagine this company as being one telephonist and 2 engineers(one for south of Birmingham, one for everything north)........ well it would explain a lot. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Good luck at least - send her my love. If it makes her feel any better, the plumber has just left and we have no heating now as well as no hot water. Fot the love of fecking God!!!!! :rant:

I think Krizon posted ages ago about how to deal with people on the phone, Tell them you are recording the conversation, it has worked for me twice now

Originally posted by ovverbruv@Nov 24 2007, 12:34 PM
I think Krizon posted ages ago about how to deal with people on the phone, Tell them you are recording the conversation, it has worked for me twice now
Forgot all about that one but, if truth be told, I don't think she would have said anything different.

The engineer didn't call yesterday or today so I guess we are looking at him calling on Monday....... just to arrange a time to visit.

Back