Festival Ante-Post Portfolio

Supreme Novice
Ballyandy 9/2
€200 e.w

Melon form taken another hit. There is a case to be made for this to go off fav.

Martin Pipe

If you're not taking the 10/1 Battlefort with Bet365 or the general 8/1 No Comment e/w right now then you're missing a very big angle.

Supreme Novice
Ballyandy 9/2
€200 e.w

Melon form taken another hit. There is a case to be made for this to go off fav.

Off course firms will surely try and shorten Melon if that looks like happening?

At the prices I prefer the horse he narrowly beat in the Betfair. Pound better off, prefer the trainer/jockey combo.

Off course firms will surely try and shorten Melon if that looks like happening?

At the prices I prefer the horse he narrowly beat in the Betfair. Pound better off, prefer the trainer/jockey combo.

I don't think Melon is anything like the public horse of years gone by. Anyone who is on did so at fancy prices. The horse has no form for people to be pilling in.

Dandridge is very short for grand Annual chase at 8/1 9/1.
A L Moore took a similar route with Tiger Cry, running him over hurdles at Leopardstown prior to his win in 2008.

I took a bit of 10/1. Definite runner, loads on his favour. Probably a 6/1 shot.

Peregrine Run and Snow Falcon are two that have my attention

I've been looking at the Stayers Hurdle in more depth today and it has me severely doubting the level of the British form. UNWIMH has to be taken on.

Just been through my ante-post book, as there will likely be no further additions to it now. It breaks-down as follows:

Singles
12x Losing Singles
05x Singles with NRNB returned
49x Intact Singles (split across 24x horses in 17x races)

I haven't played at all in the following markets:

Arkle - probably won't have a bet
Mares Race
Mares Novice Hurdle
Neptune Novice Hurdle
QMCC - probably won't have a bet
Pertemps Final
Brown Advisory Plate
Albert Bartlett
Foxhunters
Martin Pipe
Grand Annual

Multiples
06x Multiples with no expected return
04x Multiples with 1x Selection missing
04x Multiples with 1 or more Selections missing but NRNB
16x Intact Multiples (Double will cover stakes in all cases)

Best of luck with them, GH.

My only handicap bets so far are the three I backed across all engagements in handicap hurdles (NRNB) plus I took Coo Star Sivola yesterday for the Martin Pipe hoping the price would come down once The Storyteller looked like he was coming out, and Prospectus in the Fred Winter.

Boylesports going best Odds guaranteed on multiples from tomorrow evening.
The question is how much will they contract current prices ?
The teller handed me back my (first) Festival docket and said I should wait; should I ?
Tully East/ Automated/Electric Concorde/ Dandridge ew lucky 15 fwiw

Boylesports going best Odds guaranteed on multiples from tomorrow evening.
The question is how much will they contract current prices ?
The teller handed me back my (first) Festival docket and said I should wait; should I ?
Tully East/ Automated/Electric Concorde/ Dandridge ew lucky 15 fwiw

I know I'm too late but they have to be very competitive on pricing this week they have no choice.

Glorious weather at Cheltenham today. Having whacked on UDS I'm hoping for a severe downpour soon enough. Especially with EOD likely staying in the Ryanair.

Final results for me, as follows:

07x Winners
03x Placers
14x No Return
04x No Bet (Mares, Mares Novice, QMCC, Arkle)

5x Doubles landed
4x Trebles landed
1x Forecast landed

In terms of financial return, this was my most successful Festival by some way......which is something of a miracle, considering I done my absolute bollocks on every single ante-post bet I defined in the opening post on this thread!

Last edited:
update

Supreme :
Senewalk at 10s e/w
Melon at 7s e/w
Neon Wolf 7s and 8s e/w (nrnb)

Arkle :
Altior 5s e/w
Min 6s e/w

Champion Hurdle :
Buvuer D'air 5s e/w (nrnb)

RSA :
Might Bite 9/2

Cross Country :
Cause of Causes 10s (nrnb)

JLT :
Yorkhill 5/2 nrnb

Mares Novice Hurdle :
Airlie Beach 7/2
Lets Dance 4s and 5s

seem to have an issue where's i've got multiple horses in certain races but the prices aren't bad for the most part
altior alone covered the losses on my antepost non'ers.

buv d, might bite, cause of causes, yorkhill and lets dance obliged. on top of that special tiara, un de sceaux and sizing john made up 9 winners for me over the week along with a couple of places to ensure a very good festival.

Back