Festival - Best and Worst Value

Finian's Rainbow has drifted to 5/1 on the machine. That's the best value right now.

The worst is Captain Chris in the same race. He was a 7/1 shot in the Jewson and is just over 8s in a less suitable contest with much harder opponents. wtf.

Last edited:
I take your point about CC in respect to his previous odds for the Jewson. But as a Finian's Rainbow ante-post man he scares me. I think he is the type to do better with experience and his jumping is good. The better the race, the better he is likely to be. I wouldn't be laying him at 8/1 for sure.

What do we make of Tuesday in terms of best and worst value now?

Best Value: L'Ami 7/1 (4.00)
Worst Value: Peddlers Cross 9/2 (3.20)

L'Ami strikes me as being one of those horses who is always value but rarely wins. My bet there is the low risk Garde Champetre to be placed at 5/4.

I take your point about CC in respect to his previous odds for the Jewson. But as a Finian's Rainbow ante-post man he scares me. I think he is the type to do better with experience and his jumping is good. The better the race, the better he is likely to be. I wouldn't be laying him at 8/1 for sure.

I like the horse a lot and think he'll be one to follow next year. But I don't think his jumping is good enough for this race and don't see how he can really reverse with Ghizao.

L'Ami strikes me as being one of those horses who is always value but rarely wins. My bet there is the low risk Garde Champetre to be placed at 5/4.

I backed L'Ami e/w in this last year and I also go for what JT McNamara wins. I just can't see him not being in the shake up when they come to 44 obstacles out...

Last edited:
Best Value - Sunnyhillboy 16/1 William Hill Trophy Worst Value - Cue Card 5/2 Supreme Novice

A moral victory on the price but unfortunately it's still a 19 runner handicap! It would be some touch all the same.

Hell of a run from Caroles Legacy. Bensaelm was the other handicap snip and went off fav on Betfair. Sick that Sunnyhillboy fell before the race had started. On a line through Great Endevaour he was entitled to be bang there at the finish

Last edited:
Was being asked a question, was travelling second best, I thought. Traded at 2.02 around four out.

Got left a bit at the start and had to do a fair bit of work to get prominent by about the third or fourth fence.

Last edited:
Back