Festival Preview Evenings

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Official Cheltenham Festival Preview Night Sunday March 12th in the Centaur at the racecourse

Panel

AP McCoy, Noel Fehily, Joe Tizzard and Bloodstock agent, Tom Malone.

If you're in town the weekend before there's a preview at Bishops Cleeve Football Ground ( just down road from racecourse) on the Saturday evening, the night before the racecourse one, hosted by the BBC, ATR and Aly Vance £5 entry

Panel Paddy Brennan, Melissa Jones (Racing correspondent Glos Echo). Mat Nicholls (Kim Bailey's Head Lad)

Further panellists to be announced

The festival really has become such a monster. These nights are so huge.

not a chance in the world foot and mouth would stop it now. They would find a way

PREVIEW NIGHT at the Hollow Bottom night before the festival, just down the road from the NTD yard

Monday 13th March 7pm

£20 per person includes buffet.

Panel includes Sam Twiston-Davies, Carl Llewellyn, Gary Wiltshire, Luke Tarr (Star Sports), Ryan Hatch & hosted by Alex Steedman (Racing UK).

There's usually another one at the Highwayman Pub on the same evening (Monday), out on the A417 towards Cirencester, but not seen an advert yet. Pub is run by an owner, David Morgan.

PREVIEW NIGHT at the Hollow Bottom night before the festival, just down the road from the NTD yard

Monday 13th March 7pm

£20 per person includes buffet.

Panel includes Sam Twiston-Davies, Carl Llewellyn, Gary Wiltshire, Luke Tarr (Star Sports), Ryan Hatch & hosted by Alex Steedman (Racing UK).

Sounds like a plan. Baldeagle and myself will be landed for 3pm at our digs so it would start off the fun nicely !

Anyone willing to meet up ?
Hopefully it not go too late as we have an early morning appointment at the racetrack next morning !

Do they still have one in the The Old Royal Oak at Prestbury on the Monday evening DG? If so that would be easier for the guys. Quite a few from here will be holed up in Prestbury for the week as well.

Sounds like a plan. Baldeagle and myself will be landed for 3pm at our digs so it would start off the fun nicely !

Anyone willing to meet up ?
Hopefully it not go too late as we have an early morning appointment at the racetrack next morning !

I'll be there early enough on Monday to go to something, we should try to line something up.

Do they still have one in the The Old Royal Oak at Prestbury on the Monday evening DG? If so that would be easier for the guys. Quite a few from here will be holed up in Prestbury for the week as well.

Nothing advertised on their website Paul

How many of you guys will be there be and which part of town are you staying in ? I'll try and get a quote for you on the taxi front.

How many of you guys will be there be and which part of town are you staying in ? I'll try and get a quote for you on the taxi front.

Thanks, DG. A quote for 4 or less and one for a larger group of 6 or 7+ would be appreciated. Staying around the Bath Road/Leckhampton Road area.

Last edited:
Quote from Starline Taxis Tel 01242 250250

Leaving from the Norwood Arms car park ( pub by the roundabout at junction of Bath Road and Leckhampton Road )

A car of 4 would be £36 for each journey

A 6 seater would be £54 for each journey

so £18 per head for the two journeys

Book early ! :lol:

Official Cheltenham Festival Preview Night Sunday March 12th in the Centaur at the racecourse

Panel

AP McCoy, Noel Fehily, Joe Tizzard and Bloodstock agent, Tom Malone.

Sam Boswell from OLBG will also be joining the panel with ITV Commentator Richard Hoiles, the host for the evening.
Doors open 6pm, event starts 7pm, event closes approximately 10pm.

Ricci Rich got a good round of applause after an interview he gave at Leop on Sunday, he's popular with plenty of people, but I plug my ears when he gets started.

Back