Festival Previews 2019

Chapman was fair annoying in that ATR one last night. More annoying than Kennedy which is saying a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only watched the first half an hour or so. Gotta say, Keenan is way off on his dismissal of Monalee based on the clock in a frigging Grade 2.

Chapman was fair annoying in that ATR one last night. More annoying than Kennedy which is saying a lot.

i guess the only positive was chapman trying to takeover proceedings kept kennedy fairly quiet

seems measureofmydreams is being smashed up on the back of what blake said and codd basically confirming he rides without actually saying it

i guess the only positive was chapman trying to takeover proceedings kept kennedy fairly quiet

seems measureofmydreams is being smashed up on the back of what blake said and codd basically confirming he rides without actually saying it

Surprised at how much abuse Barry G let himself take - Chapman is obviously an arse but BG could have put up more of a fight

Chapman is an ignorant fool and would just shout louder. There’d be no point with him really. Geraghty doesn’t need to rise to that, he’s ridden almost 40 festival winners.

Unless someone was to mention getting kicked off of Dancing on Ice after 1 show. That seems to ruffle his feathers.

More so his lack of defence over Buvi's champion hurdle wins

It really is something that he outkennedyed kennedy

I think Barry knows what he has and is not the sort of fella to get into a slagging match. He done the same last year when they were saying he’d beaten nothing all year. Just sat there and smiled.

Another fella would have ripped into Chapman championing Laurina and attack her jumping, her preference for soft ground, the fact she’s only raced against girls etc but it’s not his style. He’ll let the Buv do the talking next Tuesday.

Agreed on all of the above. Found myself bored last night and tuned in. I was pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it was.
Keenan was very funny at times. Codd is always worth listening to, insightful. Blake is The Man!

Good point JamesRB about the annoyance of Chapman keeping Kennedy quiet :lol:

Christ, Chapman was insufferable!! Zero wit, it was like watching an insecure teenager trying to slag off Geraghty. Fair play to Geraghty for rising above it. If that was Ruby he probably would have knocked him spark out. Looked to me like Geraghty was of the thinking "don't argue with a fool, he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you on experience"

Is there a good preview tonight? The wife is out so I can watch a preview and study rather than 'The Durrells' being on in the background!

Anyone watch the Betfair one last night? Seen bad things about it on Betfair forum saying poor audio quality and not a lot of useful information given out but was hoping for an opinion from here first before I try watch it later? The Unibet one was awful in my opinion. Would recommend the ones put up on this thread though.

Anyone watch the Betfair one last night? Seen bad things about it on Betfair forum saying poor audio quality and not a lot of useful information given out but was hoping for an opinion from here first before I try watch it later? The Unibet one was awful in my opinion. Would recommend the ones put up on this thread though.
It was pretty poor, I wouldn't bother with it. Sound was terrible and no real snippets. Only thing that came out was Champagne Classic is out of the meeting.

One funny thing from it was the technical staff didn't mute guest microphones during intermission

Highlight being a comment from one of them "look at the arse on that"you

GE had to plead with the audience for silence at least twice. It was a car crash

The Betfair one was absolutely atrocious. For such a good panel on paper, I was extremely disappointed with it.
As said already, the audio was brutal and even when one of the panel was giving his view, you could hear the other panel members talking to each other on the side as their mics were all active all the time. The crowd were noisy too. And the lads on the panel seemed tired and bored, like they had just done too many of these things. Elliot in particular was snarkier than usual - the crowd were really annoying him. And in terms of useful info or snippets, they barely talked about any horses outside the top 2 or 3 in the betting on every race.

2 That Elliot mentioned of his at big prices were Galvin 40/1 for the Ballymore (Outside EW sniff) and Cubomania 25/1 for the Close Brothers (Which really means look closely at his other entries in this race :p )

Attended the D2 Hotel Tuesday night for Cheltenham preview. Brief Summary.
8 people at top table
Kevin O Ryan excellent presenter who did have to say Shish lads about 90 times during the night, witty and know legible .
Tony McCoy - Great knowledge obviously and came across very well. His Charity bet was a 4 fold of Sir Ercic/Bennie/Tiger Roll/Defi Du Seuil(JLT). He also mentioned Notwhatiam in pertemps and Neil Mulhollands horse in Brown Advisory Plate.
Gary O Brien who was the most impressive panellist - He expected Ireland to have a poor start to festivel ie he reckons the first 3 races wont be won by the Irish. He was very keen on Delta Work (RSA), Defi Du Seuil(JLT),Monalee Ryanair(EW) with Footpad DGR,Faugheen (Stayers).
Garys Charity bet was Defi Du Seuil
Dave Casey was good but quite guarded . His nap was Bennie Day one in the mares with Klassical dream ew wherever it runs his charity bet.
Joseph O Brien was grand , very complimentary to any horse or human mentioned but don't recall any nugget of information ,his charity bet was a ew double Give me a copper (Ultima Hcap chase) and Sire De Berlais(pertemps).
Davy Russell spent most of the night slagging all other panellists which got boring-childish for a finish up - he had 3 charity bets no less . Sir eric- Angels Breath-Friend or Foe (Fred Winter).
Gordon Elliott was quite enough on the night but made good contributions and was interesting ( apparently last year he might have had 5 too many!) His charity bet was not up to much - a 4 fold of Sir Eric -Altior-Tiger Roll-Bennie. He was very strong on Tiger Roll Ucello Conti-Delta Work and gave Derrinross EW if soft in the albert Bartlett.
There was a rep there from Bar One who came across as a nice guy but the "Specials" from Bar one were very unexciting and could only be done online ( anyone with half a brain is barred online ) and for a maximum of 25 Euro??

There was a very big crowd there circa 600 and with 595 male , the toilets were jammers all night.

Last edited:
Attended the D2 Hotel Tuesday night for Cheltenham preview. Brief Summary.
8 people at top table
Kevin O Ryan excellent presenter who did have to say Shish lads about 90 times during the night, witty and know legible .
Tony McCoy - Great knowledge obviously and came across very well. His Charity bet was a 4 fold of Sir Ercic/Bennie/Tiger Roll/Defi Du Seuil(JLT). He also mentioned Notwhatiam in pertemps and Neil Mulhollands horse in Brown Advisory Plate.
Gary O Brien who was the most impressive panellist - He expected Ireland to have a poor start to festivel ie he reckons the first 3 races wont be won by the Irish. He was very keen on Delta Work (RSA), Defi Du Seuil(JLT),Monalee Ryanair(EW) with Footpad DGR,Faugheen (Stayers).
Garys Charity bet was Defi Du Seuil
Dave Casey was good but quite guarded . His nap was Bennie Day one in the mares with Klassical dream ew wherever it runs his charity bet.
Joseph O Brien was grand , very complimentary to any horse or human mentioned but don't recall any nugget of information ,his charity bet was a ew double Give me a copper (Ultima Hcap chase) and Sire De Berlais(pertemps).
Davy Russell spent most of the night slagging all other panellists which got boring-childish for a finish up - he had 3 charity bets no less . Sir eric- Angels Breath-Friend or Foe (Fred Winter).
Gordon Elliott was quite enough on the night but made good contributions and was interesting ( apparently last year he might have had 5 too many!) His charity bet was not up to much - a 4 fold of Sir Eric -Altior-Tiger Roll-Bennie. He was very strong on Tiger Roll Ucello Conti-Delta Work and gave Derrinross EW if soft in the albert Bartlett.
There was a rep there from Bar One who came across as a nice guy but the "Specials" from Bar one were very unexciting and could only be done online ( anyone with half a brain is barred online ) and for a maximum of 25 Euro??

There was a very big crowd there circa 600 and with 595 male , the toilets were jammers all night.
Have that very same bet as Elliot done so hope his as shrewd a punter as he is a trainer

Back