Festival X-Country.

Cause of Causes 20/1.

Discuss.

Entries were out this morning and no surprise to see this is the aim. I'm surprised 10/1 is still available given his record at Cheltenham in March and his official rating. Its not hard to see him being 5/1 on the day.

GE stated last night on the Betfair Preview that COC had been over twice in recent weeks to take a spin over the course.

The plan is to run him in the cross-country race at Cheltenham. Based on his form over normal fences, he’d have a chance and all we can hope for is a bit of luck on the day. He raced over that cross-country course last time and we brought him back over during the Cheltenham sales since then and schooled him around there two days in a row, just to get his eye in, so hopefully that will help him. I’m 90% sure Jamie Codd will ride him and he knows him well. The Grand National is the longer-term plan for him.

The plan is to run him in the cross-country race at Cheltenham. Based on his form over normal fences, he’d have a chance and all we can hope for is a bit of luck on the day. He raced over that cross-country course last time and we brought him back over during the Cheltenham sales since then and schooled him around there two days in a row, just to get his eye in, so hopefully that will help him. I’m 90% sure Jamie Codd will ride him and he knows him well. The Grand National is the longer-term plan for him.

5/1 is under pressure now. I hope everyone is on, no excuse not to be. You were told.

5/1 is under pressure now. I hope everyone is on, no excuse not to be. You were told.

20-1 I managed.

Taken this from interview with Sporting Life;

"Bless The Wings and Cause Of Causes will run in the Cross Country. Jamie Codd will ride Cause Of Causes and Keith Donoghue will ride Bless The Wings. Bless The Wings has been there a couple of times and always seems to find one that beats him but he deserves to win a big race. He was beaten a head in an Irish National last year and it would be good to see him win one of those nice races. Jamie knows Cause Of Causes well and the plan is to go to the English National with him afterwards".

Last edited:
Cause Of Causes looks like he is being trained with the National in mind

Pretty confident though that the Cross Country Festival winner will come from that Cheltenham trial

Cantlow looks a worthy favourite, but the French horse beat him fair and square

However am confident if Rachael Blackmore hadn't fallen off the horse that Auvergnat would have beaten them both as he was cantering at the time.

Then proved how unlucky he was that day by winning the banks race at Punchestown yesterday. The current 12-1 with Betfair Sports looks a decent each way play

Best price 7-1 now, and expecting a big run tomorrow

Great shout Slim. I missed the fancy prices but happy enough with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put it up on 27th Jan in the AP comp at 20s as soon as I saw it was entered for trials day.

Was on holiday, watched his run when I got back and didn't back it. A week later the value had gone (or so I thought). Ground came right but couldn't get involved late at 4/1. Well done to those that were on.

Brilliant spot and so far ahead of time, well done. Has a handy enough mark for the National too.

Back