Ffos Las and management structure

Yes, Dim. It was Colin rather than Eric I sent the note to.

He has a rather unusual email address 'cowens', but where the 'eric' came from - I have no idea.

MR2

He won the 59 Gold Cup as I remember. Would like to think I was named after him but I`m to old for that.
The horse was named after the dashing Soldier/Rider who won the Grand National in 1892 on Father O'Flynn. He would have won the previous renewal on Cloister, but tried to sneak up the inside of Harry Beasley on Come Away at the last and was squeezed out. Ironically, the winning jockey in that 1959 Gold Cup was Bobby Beasley, Harry's grandson!

He is still held in such high esteem that when I first tried to register as an owner as Roddy Owen,I was told " you will be known as Mr R Owen" as a result of that old soldier/ horseman. This only changed in the last ten years.:rolleyes:

Of course, Krizon.

'Thank you for your comments they are most appreciated and we are like any good new business correcting our teething problems like the race cards and toilets.'

But at least Colin made a quick response and some of the issues I raised would require in depth consideration.

MR2

Back