First season sires 2012.

Verglas is the ice that forms in sheets on cold surfaces - what you'd slip or skate on.

If you want ice cubes in your drink, ask for glacons.

I'm going to go abuse my french colleagues now - they use glas for every form of ice. I thought glacons specifically meant ice-cubes?

Glacons for ice cubes, verglas for sheet ice on roads and surfaces and stuff like wot I described, and glace for frozen- sorry about the lack of pronunciation marks! And then there are glaciers... and glacial looks... which is probably what Miesque is giving us now... :lol:

Glacons for ice cubes, verglas for sheet ice on roads and surfaces and stuff like wot I described, and glace for frozen- sorry about the lack of pronunciation marks! And then there are glaciers... and glacial looks... which is probably what Miesque is giving us now... :lol:

Nope, my french extends to mostly lewd comments and translating french breeding contracts mostly...I don't mind a useful correction!

I'm going to go abuse my french colleagues now - they use glas for every form of ice. I thought glacons specifically meant ice-cubes?

I think glas is an abbreviation of verglas. And yes, if you want ice cubes you should ask for glacons. In French-speaking countries, at least.

1st time trying this attaching images crack, so hopefully works. Attached are the four 2yo colts i mentioned my cousin has bought, sired by;
Sakhees Secret
Henry The Navigator
Verglas
Moss Vale

Photo's taken about 2 weeks ago. Sakhee looks an absolute picture!!!! As does Henry :)

Attachments

• Sakhees Secret Jan'12.jpg
    Sakhees Secret Jan'12.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 36
  • Henry the Navigator Jan'12.jpg
    Henry the Navigator Jan'12.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Verglas Jan'12.jpg
    Verglas Jan'12.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Moss Vale Jan 12.jpg
    Moss Vale Jan 12.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 37
I'd have the Henry. The Mossvale looks rather over topped and overly strong for a 2yo imo but is quite well balanced. The Verglas has interesting front legs.

Sheikh, pretty sure he was the cheapest but can't remember exactly. I know Henry and Sakhee were top 2 cost-wise anyway.

Miesque, I know you've a keen eye, what do you mean when you say the verglas has interesting front legs?

Miesque, I know you've a keen eye, what do you mean when you say the verglas has interesting front legs?

He is over at the knee and appears to be tied in below the knee also. I'd like to see a front on shot of his limbs. (And a better stood up one of the Henry, I reckon the photo isn't doing his hind end justice due to the slight angle to the camera)

The Henry looks a bit "cut and shut" to me, but i agree with Miesque that the angle hes stood on isnt doing him any favours. Quite like the Sakhee one, but have to say that I like the last one the most - the third ones not my cup of tea at all.

now watch the third one be the best, followed by the Henry, then the other two... ;)

Cheers for the opinions folks.

I see what you mean about the front legs now Miesque. It will be interesting to see if he becomes injury prone, or reports to be an unbalanced type.

Betfair prices (races won).

SAKHEE'S SECRET 4.0
DUKE OF MARMALADE 5.0
RAVEN'S PASS 5.2
NEW APPROACH 6
TAMAYUZ 7
CAPTAIN MARVELOUS 8
HENRYTHENAVIGATOR 8.6
HAATEF 13
MOUNT NELSON 15
THOUSAND WORDS 15
ASSERTIVE 16
RAMONTI 25
SIXTIES ICON 34
FALCO 60
MONTMARTRE 60
PAPAL BULL 60

Could be an early start for New Approach, Henrythenavigator or Haatef, all three have a representative in the first at the Curragh on Sunday.

The difference four lengths make! Montmartre wins a Group 1 at Longchamp and has a life at stud, second four lengths behind was Prospect Wells, now robbed of his crown jewels and having to slog round Cheltenham and such.

Life ain't fair, is it?

My man likes the TAMAYUZ 2yo they have in the yard this season but the early promise has not materialised yet.

Back