First Season Sires 2019

Friday
Newmarket
Good Vibes (Due Diligence) for Evans (Group winner)
Rose of Kildare (Make Believe) for Johnston: her 2nd Group 3.
York
Sword Beach (Ivawood) for Johnson-Houghton

Newmarket Saturday
Tomfre (Cable Bay) for Beckett (who won 3 2yo races at Newmarket and another 2 races, the win at York was also a 2yo).

Saturday
Catterick: Bound for Heaven (Gleneagles) for Burke

The next 6 days will be very important as regards champion FSS, as there are a high number of 2yo races. Newmarket on Wednesday has 6 of its own, and some of these may be divided.

Have I missed a few FSS winners? None yesterday at Newmarket's marathon 2yo day.

Thursday:-
Wolverhampton: Fly Falcon (Free Eagle) for Hannon
Clay Regazonni (Due Diligence) for Dalgleish

Friday
Newbury:With Respect (Gutaifan) for Morrison. First for sometime.
Acquitted (Night of Thunder) for Palmer

Doncaster
Domino Darling (Golden Horn) for Haggas

Newcastle
Ventura Destiny (Outstrip) for Dalgleish
Lezardrieux (Due Diligence) for Grant Tuer

Despite Cable Bay's relative success as a FSS there appears to be a problem. He achieved only 65% returns on his 2019 foals and covered very few mares in 2019 with many of them barren and sent to other sires.

Some misses, but included in Colin's table

Saturday Newmarket:
Global Storm (Night of Thunder) for Appleby
Kenzai Warrior (Karakontjie) for Teal (Gp3 win) I'm sure this is a FSS and if it is I missed its debut win.

Despite Cable Bay's relative success as a FSS there appears to be a problem. He achieved only 65% returns on his 2019 foals and covered very few mares in 2019 with many of them barren and sent to other sires.

Despite the above, Cable Bay's fee has been increased from £5,000 to £15,000. Apparently He had a large 2nd crop and hopefully his mating book will be bigger for his 5th crop.

No Nay Never is up again to €150,000 from €100,000 from €25,000. Now the 2nd highest priced Coolmore sire. Is it justified? Please discuss.

Despite the above, Cable Bay's fee has been increased from £5,000 to £15,000. Apparently He had a large 2nd crop and hopefully his mating book will be bigger for his 5th crop.

No Nay Never is up again to €150,000 from €100,000 from €25,000. Now the 2nd highest priced Coolmore sire. Is it justified? Please discuss.

I don't follow the stallion charts to have an opinion on no nay never - is he getting his fair share of group winners?

Back