Fiveforthree

I agree Rory. Pasco looks unexposed and overpriced. He looks the e/w value right now. The others still of interest at longer odds is Kalahari King. There have been genuine excuses the last twice, and the big field and strong pace will play to his strengths.

I'm starting to come down on the side of Sentry Duty for win purposes though, and still have a nagging feeling that Cheltenham and a strong pace will bring out the best in Cork all Star.

Not convinced that Pasco will find Cheltenham ideal, he is a tall horse and the undulations may find him out.

Having said that, he is a grand-looking animal. :luv:

Fiveforthree much shorter now in the betting on Betfair for the two miler than he was for the longer novice hurdle. Looks like they have changed their mind to run in the festival opener.

I really like this horse...did really well to win off the bad preparation and given his poorish jumping. Clearly not a natural over hurdles it was just in engine that kept him in the hunt. Classy prospect over fences.

Fiveforthree is out for the season, and next season too.

Looks like a recurrence of his old tendon injury. He looks like being one of those horses that we never got to the bottom of. I liked him a lot; I remember the day he won his novice hurdle at Fairyhouse.

And Suny was criticising Ruby back in 2008!

Last edited:
Fiveforthree was travelling very well until just before the last in the Stayers Hurdle-I presumed he didn't stay but that was obviously the point where he went wrong.

Fiveforthree was travelling very well until just before the last in the Stayers Hurdle-I presumed he didn't stay but that was obviously the point where he went wrong.

I was a bit worried on the day he stopped so quickly and hoped it was just stamina as we had not heard anything . I thought he looked a bigger danger than GC on that run to the last . One hell of a horse and hopefully we will see him again.

Back