Forum Horse Connections

White Strand returns Tipperary tomorrow , last race.
A ladies race, we are hoping he might run all the better for it.
In great form and more relaxed after exercise since his palate op , according to trainer Tom Hogan.
The great Tom Costello's grand daughter rides so a family link going back over 60 years is reunited.
Tom used buy most unbroken stock around this part of North Cork; if six horses were in a field and he liked one or two he would buy all six and you would never know which one he wanted.
He tore up more cheques than anyone I ever knew but rarely went home disappointed.

Myself and others from the forum have a small stake in Traditude Tara who sees the racecourse for the first time tonight in the Bumper (praise be upon it) at Wexford. It's like taking your practice swing on the first tee in a golf competition. Somehow hope still remains.

Myself and others from the forum have a small stake in Traditude Tara who sees the racecourse for the first time tonight in the Bumper (praise be upon it) at Wexford. It's like taking your practice swing on the first tee in a golf competition. Somehow hope still remains.

couldnt make head nor tail from your post, was expecting to see the horse at about 25-1 (hope remains), not 10/11

couldnt make head nor tail from your post, was expecting to see the horse at about 25-1 (hope remains), not 10/11

I once owned an ear in a horse & I would have been delighted if mine had ever been considered to be a 25/1 chance. GL today a c, come back safe

Good luck tonight. Will you be there?

Funny thing racing.
Had a genie/ fairy godmother/ race fixer guaranteed us to finish within 5 lengths of the winner before last night's race we would have taken the hand off him/her.
To do so and finish 10th is frustrating, to say the least.
Dead ground, slow pace and sprint did not show his true strength, whatever that is.
Soldier on for the rest of the season and enjoy the moment is our aim.

Rule The Wind is running today at Downpatrick. He’s been working well but we’ve ended up in the same race as Gentle And Kind, which we thought would be running yesterday at Kilbeggan. Maybe we’ll beat that one anyway ��

For those that follow these things, The King Of Ryhope will have his seasonal debut on Saturday all the way up at Kelso in a novice handicap chase that could end up being a decent little race.

The long range weather forecast is for a dry spell, so while it's not where we'd have envisaged starting, and a week or two earlier than planned, we can use the race to bring him on. It's also a really nice jumping track to get him started at. The alternative is we could potentially have to start a month later than intended, and straight into graded company without a run under his belt.

In terms of the outcome of the race, he'll ultimately be much the best horse entered, but will probably need the race, so he's no sure thing, and I'd advise watching rather then betting.

Back