Forum member jailed - Chris Beek Racing - Kachina Racing

**** me and there was me thinking that his slightly dodgy doings on here were the extent of his activities.

By that I mean some stuff that looked like ramping.

Last edited:
I used to know Chris quite well. He used the name Flame on here. He asked me to do a list of “horse to follow” for Kachina Racing, I don’t think he used it.

I met him first, at Newbury, when he was still at Mick Channon’s. Then I used to see him regularly at Bath races and when he had horses with Alistair Lidderdale he invited me into the parade ring and I got to meet Richard Hughes.

I’m very sorry to hear that he had sunk so low. Looking at that photo he has put on a few stones since we last met.

Well, well, well!

I probably know him better than anyone on here as he was an owner of mine. Whilst I can appreciate that Colin feels for him having met him, actually he has been scamming people for an awfully long time. I first met him through my ex who was friends with the guy he shared a flat with at Channon's. We became quite friendly and he had a few horses with me and introduced me to another couple of owners which I was grateful for. But he lived in a Walter Mitty world and eventually it has caught up with him. I don't think he started out bad but he just wouldn't listen or stop - he kept chasing his tail. Initially he had a couple of nice horses with me (sadly we lost a lovely Sadlers Wells filly 2 days before she was due to run) but he always wanted more and I ended up getting royally stung by him buying horses at the sales with him when he asked me to buy a 2yo filly and a horse he could ride as an amateur. These never got paid for by him and as they were in my name, I got left with the bill which was over £20k. Fortunately I eventually managed to get others in to cover the costs but the result is that I am no longer able to buy at Tattersalls in my name.

SO many times we questioned his suggestions and asked if it was kosher, did he have the money/investors to set up this scheme/that scheme but he just ploughed on. He just couldn't see the harm he was doing. Actually when he came on here most recently, I did nearly query where he actually got the Gallops reports from as there was no way he would have done them as his grasp of written English was not that accomplished so he must have been getting them from someone else - all with the intention of sucking in a few more victims.

Have known about him for maybe 10 years,i used to get someone to email me his mailshots got dozens of them as proof but no one would listen when i told them,i see a thread on betfair rubbishing him but as typical gamblers i remember when he was believed and thanked by the majority on there and else where for years..The mailshots were ubelievable asking for money to be forwarded for a day or two days time maybe "£200 for a horse declared saying it was a cert,never seen anything like it and these were going out every oyther day..Will have to see iof i can dig some out,these were years ago as well...

I think he (Flame) tipped Cue Card on here for the Festival Bumper at 50/1 on the preview chat?

I think he (Flame) tipped Cue Card on here for the Festival Bumper at 50/1 on the preview chat?

No it wasn't him.

Thread: Newmarket Gallop Reports - Early June
by Flame Replies
Views
"Cue Card wouldn't have been me, I hate jumps...
Cue Card wouldn't have been me, I hate jumps racing. I put up about Ibn Khaldun many moons ago before he ever had run, saying I thought he was the real deal. I got dogs abuse when he bombed out on..."

Lol. Just come across this, I remember Chris from the early days of Ohracing and I think a few of the other lads off there had a leg of one of Kachina's horses I'd of thought back then he wasn't a bad lad just a completely deluded tool ! He tried his hand at tipping, he was awful we used to have member went by the name of Del Boy who's tag line was "Laying Kachina Naps daily" that about sums him up in that area.

When I hear he's going to be doing that amount of time I think that's a little harsh for a fool however having read above Jinny's comments I realise that his actions have probably had consequences for plenty. So hopefully it'll give him plenty of time to reflect and it is imo a long overdue reality check for a guy who's lived in the land of the fairies for far too long.

Last edited:
He tried his hand at tipping, he was awful we used to have member went by the name of Del Boy who's tag line was "Laying Kachina Naps daily" that about sums him up in that area.

The chances are he was laying them himself...

How can he now be penniless? What's he done with all the money? Has he salted it all away?

A loser like that will almost certainly have spent most of it on wine, women, eating and betting. The rest of it he'll just have wasted.

There was a post on the Betfair Community forum that made me smile in connection with this case (he rubbed a fair few of them up the wrong way over the years). One poster asked if he had got married to which another replied that looking at the current photos, he'd obviously eaten her. :lol:

I seem to recall him liking young female jockeys riding for him, wonder what the thinking was behind that? Someone mentioned Leonna Mayor on Betfair.

Just going to bump this post as Chris is reading the forum today, just in case anyone gets PM's from him wanting anyone to send him money
Just a reminder of his past
https://makemoneyforum.co.uk/chris-beek-review-tipster-kachina-racing/
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/conman-christopher-beek-fleeced-punters-16120587
and obviously this thread so far.

If anyone does get a PM from him, I would strongly advise not sending him any money, and if you could send me a message too please, it would be appreciated.

Just going to bump this post as Chris is reading the forum today, just in case anyone gets PM's from him wanting anyone to send him money
Just a reminder of his past
https://makemoneyforum.co.uk/chris-beek-review-tipster-kachina-racing/
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/conman-christopher-beek-fleeced-punters-16120587
and obviously this thread so far.

If anyone does get a PM from him, I would strongly advise not sending him any money, and if you could send me a message too please, it would be appreciated.

I’m mainly a non-judgemental type, Col, but wouldn’t it be easier just to fu*ck this ‘member’ into the ether, rather than warn people about what a cocksucker he is?

Back