Fri 18th / Sat 19th Sept

Well, there's an object lesson for those who don't think jockeyship is important. While I'd have won a great deal more if Advanced (woman jockey was hopeless) I've covered all my outgoings not just for today but also for the previous times this season I've backed Jimmy Styles! I thought Frankie was at his brilliant best there. I can't imagine any other jockey getting that one home like that.

Ryan went too fast on Advanced but there are far worse male jockeys who get rides day in and day out DO.

Gutted as I backed Tombi ante-post and at 40/1 so to win the race on the near side and not even place is very annoying.

Great ride from Dettori on Jimmy S - very good race :)

Ryan went too fast on Advanced but there are far worse male jockeys who get rides day in and day out DO.

Gutted as I backed Tombi ante-post and at 40/1 so to win the race on the near side and not even place is very annoying.

Great ride from Dettori on Jimmy S - very good race :)

Agreed and I was hoping DO would have cleaned up on Hayley's terrific ride in the opener .:p

I've just started betting again in the last 10 days after a longish break (no wifi and no time!). Had a fair few winners - inc Awzaan, a lovely horse - but even more 2nds which have been quite painful... I'd have made all those losses back however, if only Kieren hadn't nabbed Total Gallery on the line in the Dubai Duty Free. Felt really gutted for the yard who wanted that really badly.

Yet another nice win for Bill Ratcliffe though with Guto - I follow his horses closely and his run of winners and places since he moved to the new yard in Hamilton Road in the spring has been phenomenal - and well deserved

Back