Galloway

You point out where i said he admired them? try reading posts for a change. You didnt quite mention Stalin and Hussein though did you?

The similarities between the pair are obvious. Both divide and rule on the basis of race/religion.

Churchill and Stalin worked together.

George HW Bush and Saddam worked together over Iran in the early 80's.

You berate Galloway about the company he keeps or the people he admires, yet conveniently ignore the fact that western governments i.e. the people with the real power and influence, do exactly the same - and always have done. You can't cast Galloway as a monster in this scenario, because all politicians of every stripe keep unsavoury company. It's essentially a pre-requisite to being in the job, because all politicians (save for very few exceptions) are tossers. As indeed is Galloway himself.

That's not why he's good value though, as I've already explained. It's you that keeps blathering on about his politics, not me.

Oh come off it.Churchill and stalin worked together for completely differnet reasons. he hardly thought the soviet union was shrangrilaa. thats laughable

Western governments do so out of expediency ....its not good but sometimes its simply a lesser of two evils. Galloway has complete freedom to choose who he deals with. theres a big difference

Oh come off it.Churchill and stalin worked together for completely differnet reasons. he hardly thought the soviet union was shrangrilaa. thats laughable

Western governments do so out of expediency ....its not good but sometimes its simply a lesser of two evils. Galloway has complete freedom to choose who he deals with. theres a big difference

You mention expediency.

What better way for a vagabond, outlaw, narcissist politician to further a career, than to cosy-up to some of the most odious characters on the planet?

In my view, Galloway's motivations are often more about what's best for George Galloway's infamy, than they are about politics. That said, I do think he is sincere in his political beliefs, and by no means is he a phoney. Whether one agrees with his politics or not is a different matter, but he at least tells it straight, and is a usually a smooth operator during interviews.

You are trying to paint him as an ogre, and the simple fact is that he isn't. He is a very wily and durable politician, and at least adds a splash of colour to an otherwise monochrome political scene in the UK. The outsider in him appeals to me.

hes not stupid but so arent a lot of foul people. i strongly dislike him but dont have any concerns about his influence. Thats all i think about him

George Galloway acting like a weak pussy in BB was quite..shocking?

Ed Milliband does it every day

He is quality value for his consistent tweaking of the nose of the Establishment.

I don't really care that he's a pompous, narcissistic arse with an unhealthy ego; whose motivations are as questionable as some of his policy positions. But he is also a vagabond, outlaw, renegade, happy to take-on all-comers; and who out-boxes and out-foxes the enemy at every turn - no matter what they try to stick on him.

Such individuals are rare, and generally to be celebrated, in my view. I'll probably get lynched for saying it, but I admire his indefatigability.

:D

Well said. Clivex you're a tiresome reactionary bore. I don't particularly like Gorgeous George and would trust him as far as I could throw him but the fact that he gets up your nose restores my faith in democracy.

Last edited:
s this character Galloway a negative of Powell?

In some ways yes and in other no, in so far as he has always cleverly kept away from obviously racist comments

Also Powell was in power and also was a highly respected voice across all sections of parliament. Galloway is despised by everyone of course and is an irrelevance

But he is sectarian. No doubt about that

And again, its seems to some that division race/religion politics promoted by one section is a bit of a jolly jape but god forbid that that exactly the same could come from the white working class.

Apparently as some prick points out, it is "reactionary" not to be find sectarian politics promoted by authoritarian idiot a bit distasteful. Very strange...

Last edited:
Bollocks. My social views are as liberal as they come. Thats why i despise the fawning over deeply far right bigoted religions by much of the very illiberal left. As for economics, liberalisation for sure

Try and understand the meaning of the word first

You're always on about the left and the right and liberals Clive. Surely not being prejudiced against other people because of the colour of their skin or sexuality and wanting to fcuk rich people up and make them pay 80% tax on anything over 200K a year is just normal and fair.

what are you on about? whats the connection between "wants to tax 80% on high earnings "(stupid in my opinion) and whether someone is prejudice or not? Complete rubbish... livingstone "wants to tax the rich' and bar tax avoiders from voting (Ha!) and hes a prejudice as it gets. Regular racial slurs and a strong supporter of those that routinely hang gays ..in case you werent aware (clearly not)

not even worth discussing...

And if a tax regime is just designed to "fck people up" out of spite, then its basically juvenile and economically ridiculous

some of those people actually create jobs you know?

Last edited:
Back